Meet Christine (the car not the strange woman in the background)

Martinjj

Realized that i have not yet upped a photo of my zed, shes a HR on a 2007 plate, Night Blue, She's been with me for around 3 months now, not done much to her yet apart from a stubby and a bit of TLC, had a couple of issues when i first got her, Namely the ECU had to be sent off to the USA for a reflash (Arranged by Mark @ Abbey) and a Concentric Slave Cylinder problem, hence why she got the name Christine, both jobs sorted out at the dealers expense with no issues whatsoever.

Anyway shes now running like a dream, the pic was taken yesterday, gave her a bit of an all over Blackfire treatment as i have just had the roof resprayed and a couple of irksome dents pulled out (on the roof), sprayer guy told me i needed to protect the new paint work so i gave her what i would call a 75% going over.

1) Shampoo

2) Polish

3) Seal

4) BlackIce wax

A general going over was enough as i didn't go too mad as at the end of the month she will be getting a totally brutal paint correction job (wet sanding to around 40% of the bodywork) as well as a full outside detail, the wet sanding is to correct a far from reasonable respray to cover up some stone chipping that the previous owner had done. My pal who is a pro-detailer is doing the work, hes told me to expect the job to take about 3 days, he's promised me she will look mint when i get her back.

Whats in store for her in the future:

Berks HFC's

Invidia Gemini or Ark Exhaust (jury is out on that at the mo, but im swaying towards the Ark)

Some kind of intake mod.. probs Generation 3 stillen long tube dual intakes (jury out on this one though..would need someone to verify if the performance gains that are stated are correct..)

But first reality calls... Tyres all round and road tax end of October... But saying that will probs use that time to do some cheaper stuff on the interior..

the-zed_zpsfbc3cf62.jpg

Edited by Martinjj

• 3 weeks later...

Zed look's great (strange woman too :lol: ) . :D

Before you get the exhaust try to get a ride in a Zed with either exhaust or at least have a look at a meet or something first so that you can make an informed decision before shelling out. Videos never really do the sounds justice and it's something you'll have to live with. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Before you get the exhaust try to get a ride in a Zed with either exhaust or at least have a look at a meet or something first so that you can make an informed decision before shelling out. Videos never really do the sounds justice and it's something you'll have to live with. :thumbs:

Yeah that is the plan, when things calm down at work i will be getting to a few meets, then i stand a good chance of having a live demo, like you say listening to a youtube vid over my laptop at exhaust sounds wont give me a "real" sound.. i know the sound i want, i just need to marry it up to a system, from the reading i have done its either the Ark or Invidia. I do have a feeling the Invidia maybe a tad too quiet for me, a real life experience will be the decider, bottom line is i want a rich deep sound, louder than stock but not asbo inducing. I work day/nightshifts and i fear the unsociable hours coming and going would drive my neighbours nuts otherwise i would have a TDx2 on the list..haha !...