Bl..dy Awful Radio Reception

bytespc

OK...having a GT pack car and the Bose...shudder...damn thing has never worked right and yes I have read all about the fixes etc etc

Question is the radio reception really this bad unless you change the aerial ?

The OEM aerial works fine, although most Zed owners opt for a stubby aerial as it looks less ungainly that the OEM one.

It could be that you have an aerial ground fault. So best to check the aerial connections first.

The OEM aerial works fine, although most Zed owners opt for a stubby aerial as it looks less ungainly that the OEM one.

It could be that you have an aerial ground fault. So best to check the aerial connections first.

Hmmm most fm stations are fineish its mainly radio 2....

I put a stubby one on and had to go back to oem because the radio reception went right off.

It could be a fault with your aerial amp though if you are on the standard aerial.

Where is the aerial amp ?

It's attached to the aerial just inside the wing. If you remove the inner trim behind the aerial all will be revealed. I'd try cleaning all the contacts and refitting. I'm sure zmanalex will have one if yours proves to be defective.

Thanks for the info....

I too have noticed poor radio reception since fitting a stubby. Annoying since they look so much better...

I had this experience too, with a stubby I got via Amazon!

Following some good posts on this forum, I replaced it with a RDX stubby from Redline Styling, a trader on this forum. It's a quality Honda product I believe, and since fitting it have had no reception problems.

PM Steve at Redline and see if he has any left, it was only £15 IIRC.

• Like 1