Personal website views

AliveBoy

Bit of a random one this,

I've signed up to google analytics, which gives me a breakdown of my website views by country. in the last month (29th June to 29th July) I've had the following views:

cleardot.gifBrazil 24

cleardot.gifUK 19

cleardot.gifItaly 4

cleardot.gifArgentina 2

cleardot.gifMexico 2

cleardot.gifUSA 2

cleardot.gifAlbania 1

cleardot.gifEcuador 1

cleardot.gifEstonia 1

cleardot.gifFrance 1

I don't publicise the site anywhere that I can think of, and I don't know anyone from Brazil, or even South America as a whole! The 19 UK views don't bother me, as they're probably my Mum :lol: but all of the others are a mystery to me!

Does anyone else get any random views on sites they manage? Am I likely to be able to be scammed by them?

I'm just a bit puzzled by it that's all :lol:

It's via Godaddy, it comes up if you know EXACTLY what to search for, which is my name and then something like "drifting" afterwards, had it about a year now and it literally started around a month ago.

My initial thought is that your site is now indexed at 2 Google data centre locations, Americas and Europe, hence why no hits from Asia, Africa etc, The 24 hits from Brazil are a little out of scale compared to the rest of the Americas so i would say that some kind of crawler (bot) has been popping in for a nosy or your mum was in Brazil for the World Cup finals..

I wouldn't,

its been a few years since i practiced the art of analytics and webmaster tools etc, you will get totally unexpected results all the time, its not worth getting hung up about if its just your own personal site and your not trying to rank on Google's first page or so for a specific search.

If you are using a blogging platform such as Wordpress, then be sure to keep it updated, (same goes for any plugins).

Stats for mine (R33 Skyline Project) for this month

Brazil is number 3 ??!!

Country / Territory Sessions % Sessions

1. United Kingdom 307 32.69%

2. Australia 177 18.85%

3. Brazil 88 9.37%

4. Germany 48 5.11%

5. United States 39 4.15%

6. Canada 34 3.62%

7. New Zealand 21 2.24%

8. France 17 1.81%

9. Sweden 13 1.38%