PSI Awakening

bytespc

An odd title I know but bear with me:

As some of you know I am two months into Z ownership and have just ( two weeks ago ) had my rears replaced and made a post reference new tyres and wet roundabouts , well the rears are now well bedded in and to be honest I haven't been over impressed with the handling.....so last night when the temp finally dropped from fry me an egg to warm beer I re-checked my front and rear tyre pressures:

The rears where spot on 37psi and the fronts 38 one side and 37 the other now colour me purple but I went out on a limb and inflated the 37 to 38psi, this morning I have just enjoyed a most spirited country lane blast where for the first time since ownership I felt I could really lean on the car, I'm still smiling now an hour and a half later.

Question : anyone else run higher psi in the front ?

you will probably find that your tyres will wear on the centres at these pressures. When driving hard your pressures will be coming up well over 40psi with air in them. Out of interest what tyres are you running?

245/30/20 on the front and 275/30/20 on the rear

should of mentioned that

also there was a post somewhere ( cant find it ) about how larger sizes and lower profiles need higher pressures

Edited by bytespc

Higher PSI at the front will give you understeer, so the front washes out before the rear turns in. WIll also have a massive amount to do with your alignment though as well, probably more so than the tyre pressures.

I tend to agree with Alex though, you're not going to notice 1 PSI difference on one tyre so this is pretty much all in your head :p:lol: