Removing drivers door switch panel

JohnPat

Read a few threads which mention removing the screw in the base of the door pull. My 2007 model has a different style pull handle with no base/screw. How do you remove this style, does it just prise off or is there a screw hidden somewhere. And does the arm rest need to come off first?

Yes, thats the earlier model. I have the 2007 with a different style door pull on the drivers side.

Yep got that, ..that's why I removed the link as it was for the earlier car sorry. ;)

Apparently it just pops off ~ similar to as demonstrated in the first link I posted showing you it being removed on the passenger side.

Post n#16 in this thread; http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/398376-removing-drivers-door-switch-panel.html

• 3 months later...
Bit of a thread revival, but I'm really struggling to remove mine. I've got an 06, I tried removing the rear leather bit and got so far, but it felt like I was going to snap it if I pulled any harder. Any tips ?

Literally just pull it. I removed mine yesterday, found it better to pop the side closest to door first. There is a little screw in the tray bit on the plastic trim, other than that its just force to pull it up.

Bit of a thread revival, but I'm really struggling to remove mine. I've got an 06, I tried removing the rear leather bit and got so far, but it felt like I was going to snap it if I pulled any harder. Any tips ?

Literally just pull it. I removed mine yesterday, found it better to pop the side closest to door first. There is a little screw in the tray bit on the plastic trim, other than that its just force to pull it up.

So removing the rear leather part is necessary first?

Yeah, pull up from the very back of the leather (closest to rear of car) it takes a bit of force then after the initial pop it should be fairly easy. I found the passenger side harder due to the door grab handle.

• Like 1

Yeah, pull up from the very back of the leather (closest to rear of car) it takes a bit of force then after the initial pop it should be fairly easy. I found the passenger side harder due to the door grab handle.

Brilliant, thank you.

• 1 month later...

Really stuggling with this folks :(

I've got to this stage:

IMG_16151.jpg

Now I'm pulling up with some force, maybe not maximum force, but enough that I'm pulling funny faces and it just feels like it's going to snap, any tips?

There is a plastic "post" running from the end of the armrest into the door card, you might need to pull the arm rest horizontally towards you to release that befire then pulling vertically.