Under bonnet Bling - Been Busy last weekend!

Gaz Walker

Hi All, was a busy boy at the weekend. I removed the Intake Plenum and all the pipework on the Intake side to start my under engine bling. I had the Intake plenum mirror polished up. This is no easy job and takes a professional polisher hours of labour to get it looking this good.

While the Plenum was been polished I took the oportunity to remove the plastic pipe housing the air flow meter and I had that painted silver to match the rest of the pipework.

I also added an HKS SSQV BOV to the pipwork to get the nice "Psshhhh" sound when letting off the throttle while helping to prevent compressor stall.

My final mod for the day was to fit a Cusco Front Strut Brace to the car which I must say is a substantial item that should really help stiffen the front up.

I think this little lot has really brought the engine bay to life to match the rest of the car and I am really please with the results. Just need a polished P/S tank from Big Phil and the engine bay will just about be complete for now. Although over the winter I may be tempted to Chrome all the silver powder coated pipes for extra bling! :D I could also do with some bonnet lifters and a nice polished oil cap.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

Is your plenum polished up or powder coated ?, and see the carbon front piece, where did you get that or price ?

First line :p

I had the Intake plenum mirror polished up. This is no easy job and takes a professional polisher hours of labour to get it looking this good.

• 2 weeks later...