Tinted window pic request

jonny the mod

Everyone be cool B) .....just like inside my zed behind that tinted glass. :lol:

As I said in my picture post the door glass looks darker due to the blacken interior of my zed.ie roof lining, seats,blacken dash etc....I ve own this 5 years now and had no problems with police etc and it's declared on the insurance too.

Personally I think it inhances the look against the sunset so don't really give a flying if you like it or not. :teeth:

Only posted a pic because I am a pic hoe and someone wanted pics :D

Edited by buster
  • Like 1

Nobody is having a go at how your cars look, they look fantastic B)

But just so that members know the legalities thats all, pretty much all car side windows are tinted to the legal max so can't be touched, if you tint them then up to you, hope you don't have any ploblems :)

Sent from the golf club...

Yeah we get it, but sadly thats not the point being made, its opinions surrounding window tints, "sorry buster that looks silly" being backed up with "laws" to justify ones argument, but one that falls on very deaf ears when i would doubt most members are holier than though when it comes to other aspects of road "law" :teeth:

So it's ok because sometimes people go over the limit?

It's silly because it's illegal, speeding is silly too.

Buster is a good mate, he & his missus bought my old Zed, his side window tints are silly because they won't be on his insurance, could get him pulled over and could get him in trouble if he was in an accident, but it's his choice :lol:

Please stop trying to make this an argument, I am stating fact and you are just adding things into the mix, not sure why :shrug:

Legal tints - great

Illegal tints - silly

You just abide by the "laws" you want to if it suits you but don't moan when people point the legalities out as this is a public forum not you and your mates down the pub

Sent from the golf club...

I am not trying to make this argument, you make the point i am making, everyone preaching about legalities when i doubt they are squeaky clean themselves, i am fully aware this is public forum, doesnt stop you voicing your opinion, i will do the same ;)

Not really a fan of tints; used to have them on my civic when I was a lot younger. They are bloody dangerous when driving at night; pulling out onto roads can be trecherous. If you have aftermarket interior parts and a stripped boot etc it can be quite cool displaying them; although on the other hand it can promote theft.

Each to your own.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Was thinking about tinting the rear windows but has anyone ever been stopped or fined under the law I found below? It seems that whilst any amount of tint on a rear window is legal, since the 350z has a high level brake light, the tint affects its brightness which could make it illegal. An obvious way round would be to remove the high level brake light completely.

Road Vehicles Lighting Regs 1989 requires upkeep of brake stop lamps:

SCHEDULE 12

PART I

Requirements relating to obligatory stop lamps and to optional stop lamps to the extent specified in part ii

1. Number– Two (one if pre 1971)

it then goes on to say additionals may be fitted

PART II Requirements relating to optional stop lamps

© in the case of a stop lamp fitted to a motor vehicle not being a motor bicycle, first used on or after 1st April 1991 either centrally or in such a manner as to project light through the rear window the intensity of the light emitted to the rear of the vehicle shall be not less than 20 candelas and not more than 60 candelas when measured from directly behind the centre of the lamp in a direction parallel to the longitudinal axis of the vehicle.

Edited by c0vert

Never been stopped for tints and doubt you will find many have, unless your in a antisocially loud chav chariot driving like a t*t in residential areas attracting loads of unwanted attention.

Never seen a mot test station have any sort of measuring devise for light intensity either :)

If you were stopped for tints, ask for a light metre reading to show % ;)

Sorry Ekona, I clicked post by accident on iPhone and I was in the process of editing my post to include the law but you were really quick!

Anyway I've been studying law recently for my job, so I got it from UK legislation. It's on the government legislation website.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/12/made