Apexi Cone Filter - HELP!

kevinmwatters

Hi all,

I recently purchased a "universal fitting" apexi cone filter c/w adaptors etc.

I had a go at fitting last night, and ran into some problems. Essentially, the metal adaptor that comes with the cone head itself doesnt match the fitting to the existing intake;

post-22068-0-82179100-1405066817_thumb.jpg

Stripped the original OEM filter and box out

post-22068-0-78303200-1405066906_thumb.jpg

Heres where the problem starts. The filter comes with this metal piece that bolts directly onto the cone. However, its slightly too wide to fit into the platic intake that houses the sensor, and is too short to fit directly into the rubber end of the intake pipe;

post-22068-0-82179100-1405066817_thumb.jpgpost-22068-0-76529400-1405067367_thumb.jpg

Theres a fairly high chance I am being an absolute idiot here, but any and all advice and help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Kev

post-22068-0-12804500-1405067359_thumb.jpg

Universal generally means it universally fits **** all

but it think your going to need to get a air filter-nissan MAf adapter plate

Or does the MAF sensor bolt directly to the cone filter using the 4 hole/bolts/gasket

Edited by StevoD

I bought some extra bits of hose from Viper performance to fit mine to my Celica GT4. I also had to get a custom pipe put together, but I doubt you'd have to do that in a zed. The filter is supplied as just that, a filter and I think it's fairly DIY to get it fitted to the car. It is however the best filter on the market :)

WviFFLr.jpg

Ahh I see. Mine on the other hand looks like this;

post-22068-0-71374200-1405070791_thumb.jpg

Im assuming I need to get an alu piece like yours that actually lines up the bolt hole on both the filter and the MAF housing?

yea thats for use like on husky GT4 were the MAF unit isnt a part of the pipework more a sensor thats pushed into it

In fairness, all you need is the block, the filter is the same on all the kits.

Bodge it with these:

http://my350z.com/fo...iy-install.html

Throw away the filter from this and get a small silicone hose to join the two :)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item231cddef43

Edit: or bid on this for a few days but keep it low:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item51bff5637e

Edited by AliveBoy

have you tried lining up the holes off the Maf with the 4 holes of the filter so see how many line up?

Yeah, 2, 3 at a push but a bit off.

if you can get 3 bolts with gasket that should work not best practice but will work if you that desperate to get it on my s14 had 3/4 bolts on whole time in my ownership never caused an issue

• 2 months later...

IM NOT TOO SURE ACTUALLY BUT AS STEVOD SAYS TARMAC MIGHT BE ONE OF THE BEST OPTIONS. HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IF NOT.

IT WOULDN'T BE TOO HARD TO MAKE ONE YOURSELF THOUGH FROM SOME SHEET METAL USING CARDBOARD AS A TEMPLATE.

Phew.