Stay Assy Tunnel?

hyeung

Just had some work done on the car, and was advised of some badly corroded areas.

Firstly the Stay Assy Tunnel (Stay assy tunnel 74870 cd200) as shown below. Looks like one section is completely missing due to the level of corrosion.

Can someone advise what exactly is the purpose of this particular part?

And if this is a common issue is there's any cheaper suitable replacements available in comparision to Nissan parts?

I assume labour wise, the fix is very easy?

post-8343-0-16801000-1404691896_thumb.jpg

The other area that i've been advised on is a heat insulator (Heat insulator 74761 cd000).

Assume this is an insulator for the exhaust system? Sitting just above the exhaust box?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Hung

Blimey, that's some serious corrosion!!

I don't know if they aren't treated right from the factory or what the issue is, but they seem to really suffer from rust. Mine had rusted through on both ends, yet the rest of the car is pretty much rust free! It's really weird!

Blimey, that's some serious corrosion!!

I don't know if they aren't treated right from the factory or what the issue is, but they seem to really suffer from rust. Mine had rusted through on both ends, yet the rest of the car is pretty much rust free! It's really weird!

I was told that it is one of only two non-aluminium parts under the car - mine had corroded so badly that the tech said he could push his finger through it.

Just had some work done on the car, and was advised of some badly corroded areas.

Firstly the Stay Assy Tunnel (Stay assy tunnel 74870 cd200) as shown below. Looks like one section is completely missing due to the level of corrosion.

Can someone advise what exactly is the purpose of this particular part?

And if this is a common issue is there's any cheaper suitable replacements available in comparision to Nissan parts?

I assume labour wise, the fix is very easy?

post-8343-0-16801000-1404691896_thumb.jpg

The other area that i've been advised on is a heat insulator (Heat insulator 74761 cd000).

Assume this is an insulator for the exhaust system? Sitting just above the exhaust box?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Hung

whats the corrosion on ? this is the heat shield

1_zps7d0943c6.jpg

and it's ally is it the shield or surrounding area ,could of gone where the mounting studs for the shield are