driving technique

nixy

Rather than something that is going to have dips and varying road surfaces, a sweeping bend that you know well may be a better point to start. There is also less chance of a horse / cyclist / stationary car too. :)

That's funny Tere. We don't have curve warnings here. Too many corners. :p

I do remember meeting a lot of 25mph curve warnings on the west coast of US. Now that was fun in the Mustang.

The US highway folks are sign fanatics -- they put up signs on the roads (even the back roads) everywhere for everything you can imagine. :dry:

I guess I've been doing the opposite - going twice a slow as I usually would round a corner because of all the scare mongering that goes on about losing the back end. I'll put my foot down on the country roads on the way home tonight if it stays dry! :thumbs:

As the others have said, just build it up. Take the corner say 10MPH less than you could in your CTR, and just keep going at it. The TCS is pretty good, it catches you early enough to avoid a spin, but late enough to let you know you were gunning it too much. I think you will quickly supass the speed of the CTR in most corners and realise how quick you really can go. A lot of this scare mongering is down the the OEM tyres in the wet really. I havent had any problems in the dry at all.

I'm still learning the limits of the car, but I go for a play in the wet on a nice big quiet roundbout every now and again to let me know what it feels like to get the back end loose. Gives you plenty to "experiment" with :thumbs: Obviously the best place to do it is with trained instructors where the environment is controlled.

I go for a play in the wet on a nice big quiet roundbout every now and again to let me know what it feels like

Which roundabouts should I be avoiding then Chris? I wouldnt want to meet you going sideways! :p

One of puporse built ones on my private test track, so no chance I'll meet anyone ;)

In the latest EVO page 061 this training outfit http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk put in a plug directed at Z drivers

From what I hear the CAT guys are pretty good, apparently they did some of the dynamics testing of the Zed and if you are a member of "another forum" :cough: :dry: you can get a discount on their course.

A day with Andy Walsh is money well spent too www.carlimits.com, he even does female only days if you prefer.

Colin and Jo are great, spent some time with them at Millbrook Proving Ground last year. Colin really knows his stuff, not only did he train the drivers for the Nissan 350z fleet arm but he also trains the blues and twos drivers as well.

It's money well spent taking lessons with Colin, something I am keen to put my wife onto as well.

Ahh the whole 'another forum' thing tho, there are some of us who do use both forums you know, just some of us use one more than the other.

In the latest EVO page 061 this training outfit http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk put in a plug directed at Z drivers

From what I hear the CAT guys are pretty good, apparently they did some of the dynamics testing of the Zed and if you are a member of "another forum" :cough: :dry: you can get a discount on their course.

A day with Andy Walsh is money well spent too www.carlimits.com, he even does female only days if you prefer.

Colin and Jo are great, spent some time with them at Millbrook Proving Ground last year. Colin really knows his stuff, not only did he train the drivers for the Nissan 350z fleet arm but he also trains the blues and twos drivers as well.

It's money well spent taking lessons with Colin, something I am keen to put my wife onto as well.

Ahh the whole 'another forum' thing tho, there are some of us who do use both forums you know, just some of us use one more than the other.

Have you got your new car yet? any pics of it? :D

Would put Andy Walsh www.carlimits.com above anyone else.

He is superb, ex racer (now only does the LoTDR and won the first race among others) He has been an instructor for years and has 1000's of happy customers to the point you need to book early.

He has driven almost everything including many Zeds and will do the basics to very advanced depending on what you want.

It is a very safe area with nothing to hit and you will get constant feedback, not waiting all day whilst the instructor is out with other people as with many others trainers out there.

You could do a day on your own or with up to 3 other people, I would even share a day with you to reduce costs.

Steve

PS have heard good things and BAD things about Colin's day but have not been on one, he will not offer a discount to people on here as elsewhere so will not do a day under principle.

Have you got your new car yet? any pics of it? :D