Rain sensor not working and no intermittent wipers?

Nikkk1

Has anyone else had an issue with the rain sensor not working and I have no intermittent on wipers.the other speeds work fine.the only thing I've done is deleted the rear wiper but I'm sure they are not linked.if I alter the intermittent speed on the stalk I get one sweep and that's it??

Hi, I too removed the rear wiper (looks so much better,,) rained today but can't say in noticed if wipers were any different, rain was light so I put it on setting 1. (Down) Seemed ok, will double check should it rain again, like you say very much doubt it's linked to rear wiper removal.

Soz not much help..

Woo!!! I have. 370z ,, maybe I miss understood, as I said it rained here in Leicester today, though not heavy, when it's like that the/my sensor don't always pick it up and come on, try a bucket of water,, 😉😛

• 3 months later...

Is the sensor in the windscreen near the rear view mirror? On my old car it emitted a nice yellow light when functioning. Mine triggered today when it wasn't raining and I've no idea what triggered it but there is a TSB about it triggering randomly.

I gather they can be calibrated to alter the sensitivity - done to suit driver preferences.

Or you could try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes as that has been known to effect a cure (that's not on 370's though). Or maybe the sensor is just faulty :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...