Car servicing

welshbuddy

Any garage can do it really, its nothing difficult. The 350z uses same oil filter as a Nissan Micra! Personally id just do it all myself, its pretty easy. The problem I have with garages is finding one you can trust and who wont decide to take your car for a 2 hour test drive after the £2.99 an hour YTS lad has changed the oil on it.

• Like 1

Zmanalex/Clark Motorsport on here mate will sort you out all you need.

A good indy will do the job, servicing is really not difficult, could do it yourself or if you want the stamp in the book get a garage to do it. To be honest, most indy's will do a better job than a Nissan dealership.

:pmclark: for a complete servicing kit.

If you're wanting to service everything then you want engine oil + filter and sump plug washer, genuine Nissan rear diff and gearbox oil (plus a tube of Molyslip if you want), genuine Nissan coolant, spark plugs and brake fluid (depending on when your brake fluid was last done). Note that it's important that certain fluids are genuine Nissan ones.

I do my services myself, but if I was in your position I'd get someone that knows a Z to carry it out (ie not a Nissan garage.. They're only good for Micras)

Edited by Jp606

:pmclark: for a complete servicing kit.

If you're wanting to service everything then you want engine oil + filter and sump plug, genuine Nissan rear diff and gearbox oil (plus a tube of Molyslip if you want), genuine Nissan coolant, spark plugs and brake fluid (depending on when your brake fluid was last done). Note that it's important that certain fluids are genuine Nissan ones.

I do my services myself, but if I was in your position I'd get someone that knows a Z to carry it out (ie not a Nissan garage.. They're only good for Micras)

Is there something specific about a zed that means you change your sump plug each time? I've never changed the sump plug on any of my many bikes/cars in the past? Sump plug washer gets changed each time, obviously, but unless the plug is damaged/rounded off what is the point?

The sump plug uses a crush washer, so it can only be used once, needs to be changed at every interval, it's just the crush washer that needs to be changed, not the plug... :)

Yeah I know, he said the sump plug itself hence the question!

The sump plug uses a crush washer, so it can only be used once, needs to be changed at every interval, it's just the crush washer that needs to be changed, not the plug... :)

Yeah I know, he said the sump plug itself hence the question!

Whoops, yeah I meant sump plug washer!