Window auto close issue

Toothy

I've got an issue with the auto close on my drivers door. Every time I bring the window up it closes fully then reopens around an inch. I have to manually hold it to close the window fully.

Seems like the anti trap is kicking in by mistake.

It does this if the door is open or shut. I don't have issues with the glass going up and down when opening and shutting the door. And I have also tried the reset procedure holding the switch up and down in all manner of combinations.

I read a guide somewhere and was able to do the passenger door the other week for a new speaker. Should be almost identical to the right hand.

Assuming I will need to remove the module plate to get access to the door mechs though. Trouble is not having a garage to do this work. The summer showers we keep having make for slow progress!

Just need to remove the door card mate. The motor reset button is behind a circular black 'sticker'. There are about 3 IIRC you'll see when you've got the door card off, I can't remember which one hides the reset button, but just peel 'em back till you find it.

• Like 1

Thanks Ian! Glad you said I'd have torn it to bits and not thought about looking under the patches. I'll let you know how I get on. Hoping to take a look Monday, weather permitting. Off to Download festival in the mean time :teeth::band:

• Like 1

Managed to try this yesterday afternoon... SUCESS! Window drops better than ever, no more issues with the auto close.

Did take me a couple of attempts to realise you only need to hold the button the way down, and not on the way up though. But got there in the end!

Many thanks for everyone's help!

Congrats I4N on your success, I was going to suggest that maybe the micro switch in the door jamb was sticking but I'll just grab my coat and head for the door.

Wasn't me that had the success (not in this thread), it was Toothy. But as you're picking your coat up anyway..... :teeth:

• 8 months later...

Duh, same problem here but need a little help.

I've undone the 3 screws holding the door card on so the card is now hanging off attached by the door handle

I'm not confident enough to undo all the door handle mechanism.

The reset guide states need to shut door to activate door switch, I can't reach the reset button with door shut & card still hanging, can I activate door switch whilst it's open?