Time to fix her up

stevie_350z

My Kuro is looking a bit battered these days and needs some sorting out. Its a mixture of dents, scratches and general paintwork fixing. What I'd like is one place to fix it all so the car looks wet black with no scratches.

Here's the list of trouble, do you think there's a one-stop-shop to do this. I don't want to any work myself.

1) Light scratches across roof, down one side of boot door and across top of boot (as if a cat was dragged across it with claws out)

2) Stone scratch on roof leaving a nice white multipoint groove about two inches long

3) Flake of paint including primer, about half a finger nail, missing near driver's side headlight

4) Dent in driver's door, caused by motorway stone - one bodyshop person said it would need filling :scare:

5) Three-pronged scratch on drivers door, again motorway stone :rant:

6) Usual bumper/bonnet stone chips

7) Another flake of paint missing off bonnet, about half a finger nail width but a full fingernail length

8) various medium-serious scratches that will probably "polish out"

9) General unhappiness with swirls etc on black.

Ideally, I'd like the dent fixed then the whole bloody thing resprayed. If I get it resprayed, what do you think my options would be (having never had to have a car resprayed - paint quality on this car is... :surrender: )

HELP! :surrender:

Stevie, first i would get quotes for getting the scratches sorted out, this will probably have to be done by a garage as from what i remember, they are quite deep and will not buff out, then add on the costs for a proper detailing job. This may or may not give you the finish you are after?

second option like you say is have a total respray. For a decent job, you are looking at about £2000 id say, but depends where you go, how good you want it etc...

Maybe get the quote for the scratches and if its too much see what the respray will be like. Or get the car fully detailed once the scratches are fixed up anyway and see how it come out? Its hard to say without seeing the car.

I would happily (well, maybe not happily) have a respray if I was GUARANTEED a quality, durable finish - unlike the standard Nissan job. I would have it done in kuro black again... there are loads of little scratches all over the shop! bloody black... mind you, it looks lovely with some black wax on it :)

I would happily (well, maybe not happily) have a respray if I was GUARANTEED a quality, durable finish - unlike the standard Nissan job. I would have it done in kuro black again... there are loads of little scratches all over the shop! bloody black... mind you, it looks lovely with some black wax on it :)

Sounds like a respray job to me, if money was no object i would be more than happy to let a company near me do this. In Stoke there is a company called spraystyle who do all the work for a local Mercedes dealership and you can reguarly see Ferrari's Porsche's and Bentleys having paint work done. I have seen there quality of workmanship and its the very best. :thumbs:

Thanks for all that, lads. I need a pro bodyshop place to do the dent and the paintwork.

I'm 80% sure I want another layer of paint on the bloody thing...

What would they do to respray the whole car... assuming they don't just spray it, they would need to prepare it some way first??

Thanks for the offers of detailing, but I think its beyond that :headhurt:

Thanks for all that, lads. I need a pro bodyshop place to do the dent and the paintwork.

I'm 80% sure I want another layer of paint on the bloody thing...

What would they do to respray the whole car... assuming they don't just spray it, they would need to prepare it some way first??

Thanks for the offers of detailing, but I think its beyond that :headhurt:

Stevie I personally would try to get away with the least paintwork possible,

You can always tell when a car has been totally resprayed , I think a good bodywork shop will work wonders without respraying :)