Light bulbs...

johnny cobra

To do it properly it is a bumper off job. :scare:

But there is a simpler way.

You need to turn your steering all the way to the left (for doing the drivers side bulb) and all the way to the right (for doing the passengers side bulb) ~ then with your wheels like that you start by removing the screw holding the wheel arch liner and the two bolts underneath. Then you just pull your arch liner backwards giving you just enough room to get your hand to the back of the headlight assembly allowing you to remove & replace the sidelight bulbs. Bit of a pain but I've done it several times so can be done. ;)

Hi Agree with above....but fiddly. I did it but removed wheel 1st and arch liner ( easy to remove ) completely.

Access then reasonable!. Changed my sides to led...brilliant light now ( and no mot arguments). Sides like headlights and pure white.

JohnUKVetteNut

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've had a headlight bulb and side light. I was quoted 287 for 1 bulb (xenon) from nissan. Are there any other options to go for? after market ones ect.

Ignore that! Just go on eBay and buy some D2R bulbs (2003-2005) or D2S (2006-2009) for about £25.

£300 for changing a bulb???!!!!

anybody doing this - can you take pictures as you go and post....

Really don't need pictures, just jack her up, take off the wheel and it'll be obvious how to get the arch liner off to change. Theres probably a guide in the FAQ section anyway, have a look.

Hi guys, I've had a headlight bulb and side light. I was quoted 287 for 1 bulb (xenon) from nissan. Are there any other options to go for? after market ones ect.

Ignore that! Just go on eBay and buy some D2R bulbs (2003-2005) or D2S (2006-2009) for about £25.

£300 for changing a bulb???!!!!

anybody doing this - can you take pictures as you go and post....

Really don't need pictures, just jack her up, take off the wheel and it'll be obvious how to get the arch liner off to change. Theres probably a guide in the FAQ section anyway, have a look.

indeed

what a drama to replace a bulb....

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82324-how-to-replace-headlights-bulbs-without-removing-front-bumber/page__hl__bulbs

I hate to suggest this but for £7 each side a quick trip to Halfords will do the job for you, even if you buy the bulbs elsewhere they will change them for their standard 'fit' price, at least the one local to me did, no fiddling around and they can mess about while you stand and watch at them do the hard work :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk