Clutch Pedal Again?

hyeung

Hi,

Just notice my clutch pedal suddenly lost its resistance across the first half of the travel again.

Happened towards the end of my journey home as I went thru a lot of traffic on the motorway (lots of start n stops or cruising in low gears).

Managed to get home and after staying stationary for a few minutes (with a few presses of the pedal) I noticed the resistance eventually returned.

Check the clutch fluid and appears full and no apparent visual leaks.

I had these similar symptoms about 5 years ago, including the point where the clutch would not return from the floor! I recall after sitting stationary for sometime the pedal feel returned.

Anyways, i had the clutch slave cylinder replaced along with the clutch fluid. I recall the fluid was very dark! Since then I've not had a repeat episode of these symptoms until recently now.

Do these clutch slave cylinders tend to go very frequently? As I've changed this part a few years ago, do you reckon the same part has gone again, or would be that something else has caused the failure this time I.e Clutch Master cylinder.

Should one replace both master and slave at the same time?

What are the rough durations for fitting each of these items?

Thanks,

Hung