Another reason why I like not working in London!

Jacko

I'm sure Livingstone is a name originating in the SS or something! :angry:

What is it with him, why not try and find a useful way of getting that power station up north that burns 3,000 tons of coal a day updated?! Might actually make a difference then......

F$%CKING B&(*LCKS :rant::rant::rant: I live in london. Moving to Tonbridge Wells next year thank god still not good. Also heard congestion charges in london they are thinking to extend it to a Saturday as well :rant:

I pay congestion everyday it costs me £40 a week already, I think because I live in London thy should let me off road tax then otherwise why am I paying congestion on top everyday :thumbdown:

Guest prescience

At the risk of being controversial (as if) and as someone who lives ATM a distance out of London but works (as few days as possible) up there, I can't see any justification for needing to drive in Inner London (even less so in the CC zone), tubes and buses are prevalent and cheap and you can always get a cab :)

I hate London for so many reasons bigger than this issue. Try a tube journey on Victoria at 9am. Unfortunately I have to work there mostly 5 days a week.

It's a sh1t hole full of tourists, beggers, sales touts, foreigners, twats....get the hint, I don't like London.. ;)

And I used to live for many year in a city, but god do I hate London.

A push bike is better than public transport. Wait...walking is better than public transport in London.. :yuck:

Id be more than willing to join a mass meet hosted 3 yards outside the congestion Zone, exhaust pointed directly at said congestion Zone and rev the buggery out of it.

What Ken fails to realise is that the "luxury vehicles and sports cars" that emit more than double the average emissions, probably do less than half the average miles.

For example - my diesel Altea pumps more CO2 into the atmosphere per year than the Z, considerably more - yet its taxed far less....

Taxing anything based on emissions is a completely pointless exercise unless the USAGE of those items is not accounted for.

This whole green bandwagon is a complete load of tosh in my eyes. Millions of years ago the climate was much warmer than it was now, yet I am still awaiting the first prehistoric V8 to be dug up.

Its just a completely fabricated bunch of waffle being used to raise revenue and create jobs.

/2p

Guest prescience
I hate London for so many reasons bigger than this issue. Try a tube journey on Victoria at 9am. Unfortunately I have to work there mostly 5 days a week.

It's a sh1t hole full of tourists, beggers, sales touts, foreigners, twats....get the hint, I don't like London.. ;)

A push bike is better than public transport. Wait...walking is better than public transport in London.. :yuck:

If you're adopting the 'I don't want to associate with the scum' argument, that's fine but it's different from the financial one ;)

I might point out that if you think London is worse than other capital cities, you've not been to many :blush:

Guest prescience
Id be more than willing to join a mass meet hosted 3 yards outside the congestion Zone, exhaust pointed directly at said congestion Zone and rev the buggery out of it.

What Ken fails to realise is that the "luxury vehicles and sports cars" that emit more than double the average emissions, probably do less than half the average miles.

For example - my diesel Altea pumps more CO2 into the atmosphere per year than the Z, considerably more - yet its taxed far less....

Taxing anything based on emissions is a completely pointless exercise unless the USAGE of those items is not accounted for.

This whole green bandwagon is a complete load of tosh in my eyes. Millions of years ago the climate was much warmer than it was now, yet I am still awaiting the first prehistoric V8 to be dug up.

Its just a completely fabricated bunch of waffle being used to raise revenue and create jobs.

/2p

Ken realises all too well what he is doing ;) - generating or seeking to generate revenue for 2012 to take the pressure off hard-pressed (relatively) inner London tax-payers by shifting the burden to the outer, supposedly more affluent suburbs. And he will and it will increase his chances of re-election QED :dry:

If you're adopting the 'I don't want to associate with the scum' argument, that's fine but it's different from the financial one ;)

I might point out that if you think London is worse than other capital cities, you've not been to many :blush:

May I point out, I don't live in London..never have and never will.

Also, I'm sure their are worse capital cities, but London must be on ethe the worse. Certainnly the worse capital city I've ever visited.

By the way, I love London. I don't live there, but am on business there at least twice a week and have been for 9 years, it rocks in my opinion, just aoid the scum by knowing where to go

Each to their own I guess. I used to think similar. The novelty to visit on a business trip, but try staying in the centre, travelling on the god awful public transport, i.e. no car and working all day every day. Eventually it just get's too much. The weekends are too short and I hate Monday mornings.

What a joke and they say its not a money making scheme.

Simple solution, get rid of your front number plate when going through the cameras.

Swines!

Yeah and then get shot for being a terrorist :scare:

Haha that is true, especially in my "im not a terrorist, please dont arrent me" t-shirt

By the way, I love London. I don't live there, but am on business there at least twice a week and have been for 9 years, it rocks in my opinion, just aoid the scum by knowing where to go

Each to their own I guess. I used to think similar. The novelty to visit on a business trip, but try staying in the centre, travelling on the god awful public transport, i.e. no car and working all day every day. Eventually it just get's too much. The weekends are too short and I hate Monday mornings.

Kev your making me depressed now :surrender:

Kev your making me depressed now :surrender:

Sorry mate, I'm already pretty depressed with having to work in London. What's making it worse if the count down to my holiday, which is NEXT WEEK....WEEHEY... :thumbs: