Insurance - My wife and I ...

WoREoD

Can anyone explain why, if I add my wife as named driver my premium goes down significantly.

Done this for the last couple of years - she's never driven the car in that time, so why?

Because you're insured with Admiral / Elephant / Diamond and they're dumb?? Does the same for me (not your wife, but my gf!), who knows! :wacko:

because woman are safer drivers of course. They probably assume that she will be driving it for x amount of the time therefore keeping you, the more dangerous person, off the road and reducing the risk. :thumbs:

My wife is 14 years younger than me ( ;) ) and wrote a car off a few years ago, (some idiot stopped in the middle of the road to turn right ! ). My premium still came down with her on the insurance. She has 6 points on her license and mine is clean :headhurt:

Makes no sense to me. :(

because woman are safer drivers of course. They probably assume that she will be driving it for x amount of the time therefore keeping you, the more dangerous person, off the road and reducing the risk. :thumbs:

Nixy is correct....

In the weird world of insurance, the fact that you have a woman driver on the policy means that you the bad man of the driving world won't be able to drive the car as much (in their eyes) therefore reducing the risk....

Maybe they also think that if the woman is sat in the passenger seat, that she is going to stop you ragging it as well! :teeth:

Doesn't matter if she drives it or not...... used to be that you had to live at same address, but they dropped that restriction now, so use to your advantage where possible (anyone that hasn't!)