Roadster window problem

SwissZ

Hi

I've got a/the window problem on my 2010 roadster where both sides aren't dropping properly when the doors are opened. It was that bad that the windows were sometimes outside the roof when the door was closed.

Quick search here soon had me window up and downing and holding for 3 or 5 secs which kind of did the job. The windows now drop every time, but not enough and here's the weird thing.... although they don't drop enough, if I push them down they go down another couple of mm's without resistance to the point where they should drop to giving the clearance needed for the rubber roof gubbins.

As it's both sides and they both go up and down fine, I've ruled out the window motors. Could something just be loose or maybe a full reset with door card off etc?

Cheers

Mark

Well, based on what I've just seen, I'm surprised no one else is having this problem.

Went to the local Nissan dealer to let them have a look and they seemed confused... Even more so when the brand new roadster in the show room did exactly the same thing. One window dropped but caught caught on the roof when the door was opened and as with mine you could push the glass down manually a couple of mm's. The other side didn't drop at all :wacko:

They've now gone off to speak with Nissan Europe to see if there's a fix. Hope so because if anyone else has this, this is what your roof will soon look like. Not great on a four year old car....

roof_zpsc27dde4b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

After reading this I had a look at my roof (2010 Roadster) and I have a similar split on the seal in the corner of the DS door. The windows drop every time I open the door but it must still catch in that area.

I've asked someone through work (a rep for an adhesives/ sealant company) if they have anything that can bond the rubber seal back together and still have some flex so it won't go hard when it cures and split straight away, and could maybe be painted on to give a bit of protection to the seal. I'll let you know if they come up with something!

I spoke to sly at kaizer motors about this as it does seem to be a fault with the roof in some cars.i know one owner who has had 3 roof replacements, and others have had similar issues.I thank my lucky stars my car is fine and the windows clear the roof by some considerable margin when the doors open and close. For those that do have windows that catch the roof they wear the material and they do it quite quickly.

Sly said the roofs are extremely complex. Nissan engineers are sent off for 3 days for training just on the roof of the 350 and 370, and if someone does not know what they are doing they can make things worse. There are things you just should not touch wrt adjustments and if you knock those out you will have a bigger problem.

May be worth giving sly a call to see if he has any advice.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I'm not the OP and don't want to hijack but I wouldn't dare go trying to adjust the roof itself, but as my seals are a bit worn I'm looking for something to "touch up" the rubber and make it last a bit longer. I may well contact Sly before it's too late though....

3 roof replacements?? Saves having to clean it I guess, just get a new one when it gets dirty :)