USA Visitor

Hi y'all (that's Texan for "everyone")

Thought I'd pop in and see what's happening in the UK.

Of course I also have an ulterior motive -- I need to find a Z part!

What I'm looking for is a Euro (UK) spec rear license plate light assembly since I'm soon to have a European style tush on my 350. Of course the US spec assembly is about half the width, and no one in the US seems to have a clue. So I thought someone here might know of a UK OEM 350 parts supplier who has the part and willing to ship to the US.

My babies are an '03 350Z (supercharged), and a '91 300ZX TT

The 350 is currently undergoing a transformation with an Ibherdesign Venom front, and Havoc rear and sideskirts. Very few of these are currently in the US, in fact mine is only the second Havoc tush to be mounted on a US 350. I think the kit is probably more prevalent in the UK and Germany.

Back in the late '70s I used to be a very frequent visitor to East Anglia -- many temporary duty assignments to RAF Mildenhall.

Hey how's it going. Sorry I can't help out with the part but someone might be able to. You could search for UK car breakers and see if any Zeds are available. Sometimes Ebay UK have such breakers advertised.

I haven't been over to Texas for a year now (I'm in the oil game so visit Houston occasionally)

I love the license plates by the way!

Thanks, y'all.

I did put in an inquiry with MJP Auto -- an OEM parts supplier listed on the forum. We'll see if they can come up with it.

Yep, my 350 will have a bit of an international flavor since there's not too many over here with a little European styling. Just to make things fit, I'm going to have to trim my US license plate to fit the narrower European plate area. At least at car shows, she'll be a little different than the typical modified US 350.

And then my 350 isn't just looks -- she falls roughly into a GrandAm Cup GT-1 or JGTC GT-500 class Z car. Her engine is fully race-built and easily capable of handling 25 pounds of boost.

In fact, just looking at the site in your signature.....

Love the zed in Brickyard, looks sweet! :cloud9:

Surprised you've not changed the wheels though? Saw that the majority of pics have the standard 18"s on?

Also, like the grill, wheres that from??

Thanks again for the welcome.

I just came in to cool down. My project this morning was fitting up a new carbon fiber hood. It's a Seibon TS. All except the vent areas and the two grooves will be painted Brickyard, so what you'll see is carbon fiber accents. In side the intake areas of my new front end will be overlaid with carbon fiber as will be a portion of the new back end.

hood2.jpg

hood1.jpg

This is the test fit of the new Venom front end...

ventst2.jpg

ventst3.jpg

Actually, I do have aftermarket wheels - 18" 5-Zigen FN01R-C - 8.5" front and 9.5" rear. Runiing BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW NTs - 245/40 front and 285/40 rear. I love these tires! Rated to 185 mph and capable of more than 1 lateral G. My 350, by the way, has no speed limiter aside from running out of rpm in 6th (7,100 redline).

fn01rc-5.JPG

The engine bay...

intake6.jpg

The grill is billet aluminum that I picked up on e-Bay years ago. I did notice recently that there was a similar on on e-Bay. I picked up two Ford F150 pickup grilles that I'm going to custom cut for the three openings in the new front end.

Hehehehe... You can find quite a few of us on Z Chickz. And most all of us have well-modified Zs, and quite a few of us do most of our own work. I'm getting pretty good at dismantling a 350 or a 300.

This is my "daily driver" 300ZX TT... She's called Moonshine (AKA: White Lightning). She's pretty peppy yet in her old age (192,000 miles) and puts about 340 ponies to the wheels when she's having a good day.

moon1.jpg

And this is the Silver Ghost, my '91 300ZX TT... She's fairly well modified, including upgraded turbos.

sghost1.jpg

sghost2.jpg

sghost3.jpg

Looks like someone likes their Z cars, with a bit of FI!!

Welcome, as people have said you should be able to find the rear you want from MJP or Holdcroft. Otherwise UK eBay have them come up a fair bit.

Very impressed with the quality of that bonnet (hood!) and that front end. B):thumbs:

Thanks, for the welcome!

Yep, gotta have boost! "Places to go, things to do, and Porshes to pass" ya know! And I've got the Vette Z-06 and Viper to contend with as well (I used to drive Vettes before I made the switch to Z cars).

The theoretical top end given the current gearing and redline is 208, but I haven't taken her that high (yet). Next time I have a chance to do a high-speed run (sanctioned), I'm going to target 185. Above that, the rules require a full roll cage, which I don't have (yet) -- I do have a 4-point roll bar. The speeds are laser clocked down to a thousandth of an mph. I've found the 350 to be incredibly stable at high speeds, in fact it's ho-hum, boring in a straight line. The good adrenaline rush comes with high-speed curves where a well-setup 350 really shines.

Even though the engine is built to easily handle 25 psi, I've maxed out the available off-the-shelf pulley sizing for the ProCharger (largest drive and smallest driven). So to increase boost, I'll need to do some custom pulley and belt sizing. This is where turbos make it easier to get into the higher boost range -- just change the controller boost limit.

• 3 weeks later...

The Euro spec rear license plate light assembly arrived today from MJP. Exactly what I needed, and the US spec innards fit perfectly into it with no modifications needed.

Thanks to Mike at MJP for hooking me up, and to 350Z-UK for providing the connection with MJP! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Yeppers, I popped in originally to find a supplier for a part and ended up having some fun and hanging around.

I did get the part, so the primary mission was accomplished! :D

So you were just going to come over and use us....... :(

But then you realised you cared!! :p:flowers: