Parts needed... front right lower control arm + banana bar

Richparry2009

Hi,

Does anyone have these parts for sale they're for the front drivers side of 350Z Coupe. I want to fix an annoying rattle (hard to diagnose) and it is down to these two parts that could be at fault (mechanic said try replacing control arm first cheaper to replace).

What’s the price be for new and second hand parts? Spent quite a bit of cash on bushes and drop links so happy for low mileage parts if poss.

Thanks

I would recommend replacing the compression arm bushes first as this would be cheaper than replacing the whole arm.

If you message Ewen at ClarkMotorsport, he will be able to sort you out with a new set of bushes.

What's the difference in labour time to change the bush or change whole banana arm? I don't want to take to the garage for the bush change and to drive off and it's still rattles? Suppose bushes £30.... What the damage forOEM arm? Thank for your help so far.

Each arm is about £250, not sure what the cost is for the transverse arm. It should only take around 1.5 hours to change out bushes.

As Mike says the bush change should not take long but once the arm is off it will be easy to establish if the ball joint is worn. If it is and you required the complete arm which are £250 per side then you could return the bush for a credit in part exchange for the arm :)

Sound- so if u had to guess its the banana bar (bush or ball joint) or lower control arm you would go for the deep rattle over uneven road problem being linked to banana bar every time? So hard to diagnose exact problem looking under car...bit of a pain and could be costly, I have seen OEM lower control arm £70 on ebay. Decision decisions- still owe my mechanic £300 from other work...looks like that's gonna go up.

Sound- so if u had to guess its the banana bar (bush or ball joint) or lower control arm you would go for the deep rattle over uneven road problem being linked to banana bar every time?

Yes I would, and I would say 90% it's the ball joint over the bushes

So hard to diagnose exact problem looking under car...bit of a pain and could be costly, I have seen OEM lower control arm £70 on ebay. Decision decisions- still owe my mechanic £300 from other work...looks like that's gonna go up.

I've not heard of the lower control arm having to be replaced to cure a knock

If I was a gambling man, I would put bets on that it is the compression arm bush, this is a common fault on the 350z, it takes a lot of pressure and once the bush starts to walk you get the knocking sound. You can get uprated bushes which are little bit more costly but will be better long term.

If you could remove the arms yourself and remove the bush and let your mechanic press it in, this would save you a little cash.

Might just have to fork out for a banana bar then £250 (worst case scenario) - could be bushes £30 tho...dilemma, does give a good deep rattle over rubbish road and think for extra cost I know I am gonna walk away from garage next time I book it in with no annoying rattle.