Newbie with a load of questions, hoping to join the fold....

magicgreg

Should be someone in your area with Nismo Zorst, its difficult to tell on youtube etc, needs to be heard in the flesh in my opinion.

Without going into performance etc, it sounds awesome but you can still keep it sounding subtle if you need.

At "motorway" speed with the roof down its a background noise and doesnt sound too loud.

Best thing would be to get to a meet. Works out around £750 "ISH" less group buy discount.

Can pop over to Scotch corner sometime next week if you want to have a listen.

Wasn't a background noise for me though, i had the full force of your nismo and yes they do sound :thumbs:

Will go at the back for the lakes meet, you can follow Max ;)

Just a bit of progress made on what decisions I'm coming to with a few more questions in there:

Model wise I'm hoping to net an 06 plate with all of the new revisions, so hopefully that will fall within my budget.

What are peoples opinions about buying from a dealer or buying private?

Obviously the car will come with its 3 year dealer warranty anyway so what is the real main advantage with buying from a dealer? ie when buying from a Network Q dealer at Vauxhall you get 12 months network Q warranty plus a 3 year warranty if you get me.

With the new model Z coming out, how have the prices of the current Z fluctuated?

Finally I'd be changing the standard alloys, I know quite a few members have gone with 20", what are peoples opinions on this?

I'm quite amazed that they fit ok actually, is there some modification to the arches to accomodate 20" rims?

I'm guessing the majority go for 19"? I've seen some stunning examples of alloys on the Z so far, with the rear having a huge lip, for such alloys I'm guessing you would be looking at £2000.

Thanks again

G

Buying from a dealer will probably cost a bit more but you wont get a dog, peace of mind for the extra price. The other alternative is buying from someone on the site, unlikely to get any major suprises.

I have 19" Ruff racing wheels, as with all parts Z look at getting them from the US. The dollar is our friend.

;)

Right been to the dealer and booked a test drive for saturday :D

I had a good talk with the salesman in there about a 2007/56 plate Z with the GT pack and satnav, brembo gold calipers etc

It was on the court for £27603 :wacko:

It has 400 miles on the clock, its been used as a demo car and has had 4 test drives in total, its in Azure Blue.

I got a chunk knocked off immediately down to £26500 and I think I'll be able to get down to £25750 judging by what the salesman said.

What would you lot think of a 56 plate GT with sat nav and 400 miles for the total of £25750??

I've got a buyer for my current car thats wants to buy this friday as well :wacko:

Can anyone tell me what price you are looking at for a set of standard discs and pads on the Z?

Also what time span are you looking at for pads and discs?

Also as it has in built sat nav does that mean that I cannot change the standard radio or is the satnav completely independent from the double din radio?

Finally I was sure that a 2007/56 plate Z had 300bhp, they seemed to think that it had 280bhp?

Thanks for any replies!

G

What would you lot think of a 56 plate GT with sat nav and 400 miles for the total of £25750??

I've got a buyer for my current car thats wants to buy this friday as well :wacko:

Can anyone tell me what price you are looking at for a set of standard discs and pads on the Z?

Also what time span are you looking at for pads and discs?

Also as it has in built sat nav does that mean that I cannot change the standard radio or is the satnav completely independent from the double din radio?

Finally I was sure that a 2007/56 plate Z had 300bhp, they seemed to think that it had 280bhp?

Thanks for any replies!

G

Right, remember that the brembo's are standard on UK cars, so you not getting anything extra there! I'm assuming that this is a UK car?

Bearing in mind that the list price of a NEW GT with sat nav is over 31k then that a great deal if you can get for £25750, especially if its only done 400 miles AND with Sat nav!

Pads are dead easy to change, but you won't need any for thousands of miles yet, unless you want to specifically change to something more agressive. EBC Redstuffs are a popular choice and couple of traders on here (CS and Bigphil) do for about £99 all in!

Discs are a bit more varied in prices depending on what you want, but again you should not need any at this stage!

The sat nav is not linked to the bose system apart from obvious sound coming through the system. You should be able to change if you so desire to another system with the usual limitations. Look in the ICE & ELECTRONICS sub section.....

But you will be able to change the system and still have sat nav....

And you correct, 2006 cars had 296BHP (300PS)!

One other important point......

CHECK THE FRONT END FOR STONE CHIPS!!!!

The 350z have a front end that suffers from stone chips. Therefore before you agree a deal, get the front end sorted if needs be!

If its good, then get it paintshielded asap! I know from experience that the Azure shows a lot of stonechips, and seems to chip worse than other colours!

Cheers for that Jacko.

As I also go on the other popular Z forum, I have just been told there that the price of £25750 is still too high for that mentioned Z. apparently satnav was also thrown in for free on late 56 plates to sell them.

i've been advised to shoot for £24500, I also didn't know that they were selling them for new last year at £27500 :wacko:

G

Cheers for that Jacko.

As I also go on the other popular Z forum, I have just been told there that the price of £25750 is still too high for that mentioned Z. apparently satnav was also thrown in for free on late 56 plates to sell them.

i've been advised to shoot for £24500, I also didn't know that they were selling them for new last year at £27500 :wacko:

G

Well i suppose it's all down to whether anyone has bought one recently. I bought mine way before that, so bit hard to keep up with prices etc. I wasn't aware that they were throwing Satnav in for free.....

But obviously makes sense to get them down as low as you can! Can only assume if they were selling them for new at that price last year, it was only for reduced stock as the new 07 model was coming out. It won't have been for the full year!

I'd get your price agreed, then hit them with the front end refurb if needs be, as that will eat into their profit ;)

Front end refurb, as in stone chips, scratches etc?

I had a good look around and it was as new, not a mark in sight.

Yeah I think it was just the back end of the MY06 models that had the satnav thrown in, as you said probably to shift them for the revised model.

Thanks again

G

Front end refurb, as in stone chips, scratches etc?

I had a good look around and it was as new, not a mark in sight.

Yeah I think it was just the back end of the MY06 models that had the satnav thrown in, as you said probably to shift them for the revised model.

Thanks again

G

Good ok, as per my previous post,...... they suffer from them.

Best investment you can make is to get it Paintshielded whilst its new! worth the money up front and can get a discount from here. Look in discounts once you get..... :thumbs:

Cheers for that Jacko.

G

I think £24500 is far too low for a 56 plate zed with only 400 miles, if you can get it for that then its a great deal, just think that the dealer is highly unlikely to go for that. Just for reference I sold my 06 plate zed with 18k on it for more than that price ;)

Jacko has given you all the best advice. Mine was an ex demo, remember that it will have been regularily washed by the garages detailing technician at about £4 per hour so having battered the price right down check the paintwork very closely. And the stone chips comment is very true, mine is black.

The quoted price sounds pretty competative to me though.

Its worth being cheeky on the price. They won't want it sitting around with the MY07's coming in or it'll not shift. Fortune favours the brave! :teeth:

If you can do a deal I'd snap it up as its one of the last new (or nearly new) Azures and the new blue is DULL.....

As I mentioned I'm going to ring tomorrow and see if I can get him down to £25K, anything less would be a bonus but I doubt it.

I'm just trying to collate some ammo to tell the dealer to try and get some cash off, so far I have:

the fact that its a demo, possibly ragged

the fact that they were going new for £27.5K not so long ago

satnav and gold calipers are not optional extras on this model as satnav was most likely installed for free

and finally the fact that it is a MY06 model which has now been superceded by the MY07 model (thanks to a forum member for that one :thumbs: )

If anyone else has anything else that I could say to the dealer to knock some cash offthen any suggestions would be greatfully welcomed.......

Thanks again to all that have contributed so far!

G