Ecu and key issue

kingrob

Hi guys

This is my first post here and sorry to say i am looking for some advice my 350 is hurting :(

Ok in short i have a 350z 2002 Auto ( trip gearbox) jap import

the car was running great until the ecu was removed to have the limiter removed this was never done the guy Cleaned the varnish off the area he was going to solder to but at thetime he was very busy and i had the car booking for some body work so needed the ecu back asap he was going to finish once i had car back.

Anyway i refitted ECU went out after 8 miles the car lost all power and died on turning the key it turned over for like 10 seconds then restarted after 1 mile about it cut out again just lost all power and needle jumps about on the rev counter

once i got it home i let it sit on drive ticking over it sounds like there is a misfire and popping sound from the air filter area now the ECU guy says he only cleaned varnish off and that would not cause these issues But the ecu was the only part touched so i think it has to be the issue

i have added a photo so you can see whats been cleaned

http://prntscr.com/3kbe0c

Just in case the ECU is past repair i have bought another ECU for the car from a auto jap import But i have having issues getting my keys coded to it not sure how easy this is to be done

so adice i am looking for

Do you think the old ecu is done ?

How easy is it to get my keys coded to the new ECU ?

Or any other advice that could help me here

Also the ecu guy can not read the Old ecu or the new one his coder readers do not see it at all

I am in medway Kent if that helps

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

Rob

:welcome:

Hard to tell from your pic as it's quite low res, but I would hazard a guess that he has managed to damage some of the tracks on the PCB which is what has caused your issues.

Coding JDM keys is a bitch IIRC.

There are a number of threads around the forum to do with coding keys, but they are mostly dealing with the remote central locking rather than the immobiliser side of things.

Abbey Motorsport aren't too far from you, so I would give them a call and see if they are able to help.

Hi

Yes Abbey have worked on this car in the past too i found some invoices for there i had planned to go there but a Friend did this as a gift for me when in hospitel and it has gone very wrong now i have to try to fix the mess i would hate to get rid of the car for this

http://www.350z-uk.c...0z-import-2005/

Not wholly on your issue, but some info on coding.

You may need to deal with a Nissan dealer.

Oh, and as for OBDii - WHilst JDM's are OBDii compliant, the normal cheapo code readers can rarely get anything off them. You may need to find someone with Conzult to read it.

All that said - speaking to Abbey would be a good start as they will at least point you in the right direction.

We can sort the key issue out easily.

We can also remove the speed limiter as well without needing to touch the ECU internals.

We carry both the above procedures via the OBD port.

Give us a ring tomorrow.

Ps I can do both above with you sending me the ECU I don't need the car.

Thanks again

• Like 1

Just an Update

Took the car to Mark at Abbey today fixed the car and had me back on the road in under an hour!! It was the ECU as i suspected just want to say a BIG thank you to mark and the people at abbey for helping me so fast :D

• Like 2