induction kit

shaunr446

Very amature to all this. I have a standard 350z but want a little more noice. I have been looking at k&N filter http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-ZX-300ZX-3-0-TURBO-Z31-PIPERCROSS-INDUCTION-PANEL-AIR-FILTER-KIT-PP1128-/161187691308?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item258788fb2c

Would it give much more noice or would i have to pay more for more of an induction kit?

Cheers shaun

Putting in a panel filter won't change the noise at all. Get a proper kit if you are after noise. The JWT pop charger is very popular on here.

Also that filter you linked to is for a 300ZX.

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1

I have never fitted one but i have seen many comments on hear saying it will give a bit more noise but nothing major,

even certain induction kits don't make a massive difference unless you pay out silly money at the end of the day most people buy the induction kits for show the way they look on show in an engine bay

Someone else may be able to comment and let you know what these sound like who have fitted them :thumbs:

Very amature to all this. I have a standard 350z but want a little more noice. I have been looking at k&N filter http://www.ebay.co.u...=item258788fb2c

Would it give much more noice or would i have to pay more for more of an induction kit?

Cheers shaun

The link isn't for a K&N filter btw.

I'm selling a K&N panel filter if you're interested. £24.99 new without box; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/85665-derringer-gun-in-picture-frame-kn-de-airbox-dremel-router-table/

Won't make your Zed any noisier though but may add 3-5bhp which you'll never notice. :lol:;)

Putting in a panel filter won't change the noise at all. Get a proper kit if you are after noise. The JWT pop charger is very popular on here.

If you want more noise then this is the way to go ^^.

Think it's around £145 for the kit from Tarmac Sportz a trader on here. :thumbs:

Still won't be that much louder though and if you have an after market exhaust then you probably won't even hear it over that.

That is very true about it being listed for a 300zx though i'm sort of sure they are the same size as the 350z as my dad had a 300zx and he as 2 of the HKS panel filter still and i'm sure they are the same size but i'm not 100% sure so don't buy just in case I'm wrong :p

That is very true about it being listed for a 300zx though i'm sort of sure they are the same size as the 350z as my dad had a 300zx and he as 2 of the HKS panel filter still and i'm sure they are the same size but i'm not 100% sure so don't buy just in case I'm wrong :p

The air filter in the 350Z also fits various other vehicles including the Nissan X-Trail, Murano and the 200SX that I know of so probably does fit the 300 too. ;)

Cheers guys, SO i need to think about getting an exhaust really. Any recommendations? Not to pricey

The Cobra is fairly popular if your on a low budget ~ around £395-£400 odd; http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=114&zenid=bcaa60565806895c2c0f2d2ff1b32aee

Also have a look here; http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=32850911-9f8a-43e4-a5fc-24678e254d1d

Loads of choices for exhausts and it's all personal choice/budget related. :thumbs:

The air filter in the 350Z also fits various other vehicles including the Nissan X-Trail, Murano and the 200SX that I know of so probably does fit the 300 too. ;)

I thought so I may get the HKS filters down from the loft in the garage tomorrow and fit one of them on after a good blow out for any dirt and dust and see what it will do nothing probably :lol: but it will keep me busy for a few mins :lol:

• Like 1

What's your budget for the exhaust, the Cobra system we do starts from £395... :)

Dam you're fast Mitz. :lol: It's like I thought of you and you appeared. :dry::D

Haha same happened to me on a topic last night!

:lol:

He's like the "candy man" or something but you don't even need to say his name three times for him to appear. :D