Motorsport cars

Cheers guys, just can't wait till March now to get it out and testing!

2159f2705cdd05cb1aec740ecb51063f.jpg

That should be fun :drive1 and I see you are alreading modding it with the ali in the roll hoop - towards head protection no doubt.

But what concerns me more from that pic is that you seem to be using the air intakes for holding candles :scare::lol:

Should be spot on for the hills to be honest.

Anyone spotted the major difference between the cars in that video and our one?

No wing mirrors on yours that I can see and yours has a larger rear wing. Also slick tyres on the ones in the video.

That it or is there anything more special I'm missing? :D

Very good!

It was the wing I was referring to actually as ours will run on slicks but we have no need for mirrors on hillclimbs.

The wing on ours is from Honda f1s 2003 Monaco car, fixed to a Minardi F1 T Bar

Look's cool, ...sounds even cooler when you say it like that. :DB);)

• 1 month later...

That looks pretty epic, like that alot! One thing, does covering that bit on the roll hoop not massively screw up the aero, as surely it would be better to either duct it somewhere, or have it open so air can get to the rear wing. Or does your head cover it all anyway? If its not covered, why not run a big duct to the air intakes, so you can ram air into them, as opposed to drawing air in.

That looks pretty epic, like that alot! One thing, does covering that bit on the roll hoop not massively screw up the aero, as surely it would be better to either duct it somewhere, or have it open so air can get to the rear wing. Or does your head cover it all anyway? If its not covered, why not run a big duct to the air intakes, so you can ram air into them, as opposed to drawing air in.

No the majority of the cars have the hoop filled.

The ones that have ram sensitive engines, mainly the more modern bike engine, do run ducts from here to the air intake but on a carb'd R1 it's not needed.

When the engine gets upgraded next winter there will be ducts installed here.

Edited by Stu_2424

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great little vid Stu and sounds great as well as look's like so much fun. B)

At the start of the video where you getting some wheel spin at first when shifting up? Just wondered if that was due to the damp "ish"/cold surface or lack of heat in the tyres/both or just me hearing things. :dry::D

Well spotted! Yeah the slicks were brand new so take a few spins to take the coating off the outside and get a heat cycle into them.

Sadly later in the day the engine empties it's insides over the floor tray so a new engine is rapidly being sourced and fitted before the first event at the end of the month!

Bit of a bugger tbh

Yeah not the best end to the day as I was just getting dialled in!

Two suspects at the minute are ring failure or oil surge, probably oil surge as it pressurised the crank case and blew all the oil out of the breather!

Engine replacement is costing £1450 plus Vat with a new sump installed and a new clutch as well as being thoroughly checked and installed weekend after next.

Also fitting an accusump which stops oil surge happening to prevent it in future.