My rear axle's are clicking

paul

I've read about this, but never seemed to quite understand what the noise was. However, sometimes when I pull away I get a sound as if I've just ran over a twig with the rear of the car, like a sharp crack - not loud as such. It doesn't happen everytime either? :surrender:

I've read about this, but never seemed to quite understand what the noise was. However, sometimes when I pull away I get a sound as if I've just ran over a twig with the rear of the car, like a sharp crack - not loud as such. It doesn't happen everytime either? :surrender:

That sounds like you have the clicky axle syndrome in it's early stages :dry:

Thats the clicky axles. Mine does it too, I may get it sorted eventually, Under warranty preferably, but to be honest I am paranoid about my loacl dealership, and the alternative just closed (dixons Worksop). So may just buy the parts and have it done at the garage our family have been taking cars to, including the company cars, for years.

Dealer believes this is a problem with my car but has still done nothing to sort the problem even though he said he reported this to nissan uk over a month ago,i wrote a snotty leter myself to nissan uk and received a reply the following morning promising to sort this asap,i also mentioned that i was a member of this forum and other owners have made me aware of this problem.

max.

Thats the clicky axles. Mine does it too, I may get it sorted eventually, Under warranty preferably, but to be honest I am paranoid about my loacl dealership, and the alternative just closed (dixons Worksop). So may just buy the parts and have it done at the garage our family have been taking cars to, including the company cars, for years.

If you are in Chesterfield, you are not a million miles away from the dealer I use, being Harratts Nissan in Wakefield (Denby Dale turning off M1).

They have been excellent for me and warranty work. My Z is in at the moment for the rear axel clicking problem, and they are replacing my GT4 alloys with a new set as well (starting to bubble and flake).

Never had an issue with warranty work and the guys there always give a good service. If you decide to use them, talk to Matthew (Service) on 01924 290390 and he doubt he will help you out.

When you are next in a multi-storey, drop your drivers window and listen out when turning a slow tight circle. I noticed it first in this circumstance as the enclosed car park amplified the noise somewhat.

That sounds like you have the clicky axle syndrome in it's early stages :dry:

Thanks for the info folks

Sounds like the extended warranty wasn't such a bad idea after all :)