Japspeed K1 with Decats/HFC - sound?

Daveyboy11

will it be ridiculously loud?

Yes. K1= probably the loudest exhaust for a zed, barring no exhaust at all. add decats, even louder still!

Ask Bennett if he still has any hearing left - I think hes running the setup you describe and i'm pretty sure small children's heads explode when he drives past.

I think hes running the setup you describe and i'm pretty sure small children's heads explode when he drives past.

:lol:

My one at the moment is pretty ridiculous, once the issues are solved I'll get a proper video up - but I think I may have to revert to Scorpion or pop on resonated decats or a resonator in the mid-pipe :wacko:

Yes. K1= probably the loudest exhaust for a zed, barring no exhaust at all. add decats, even louder still!

Ask Bennett if he still has any hearing left - I think hes running the setup you describe and i'm pretty sure small children's heads explode when he drives past.

See I drive mine daily with bungs out and it really doesn't bother me, although I may have already gone deaf from it lol. But I wanna know just how much louder it will be with decats whether I can live with it or not!

See I drive mine daily with bungs out and it really doesn't bother me, although I may have already gone deaf from it lol. But I wanna know just how much louder it will be with decats whether I can live with it or not!

It will be stupid loud, I did effectively this, just with a single exit and it drove me insane. I really wouldn't recommend it.

• 3 months later...

K1 has a nice tone with standard cats, I just fitted Decats to it Sunday, and it's so loud and has ruined the sound (very raspy sounds like thunder), I don't know what to do as it's booked in for a remap next wednesday, so don't know weather to go back to cats or just map and risk the 5-0, or find a different catback :(