Uprev group buy

Mapped Commanders today

Well in that case we need commanders review :)

Ok, so the important things first... It was my first time at H-dev and it turns out that Jez does a half-decent cuppa tea and his dog is lovely. He did order drizzle for the afternoon instead of sunshine, but aside from I can't complain... Oh, don't use a post-code in a Tom Tom to get there - you'll end up in the wrong place. Take a map / use Google maps!

My car's a 2007 HR with about 70k on the clock and the only mod is a cheap-ish pair of HFCs I got from zmanalex a few months ago when he was clearing out some stock; the exhaust and intakes are all OEM. Since fitting the cats a few weeks ago, the car had been driving funny - it wanted to stall a lot at slow speeds, the power delivery had become a bit lumpy and generally it wasn't as fun to drive... So Jez worked his magic.

On the RR we saw 304BHP to start with (so, that's 304bhp estimated at the fly, based on the output measured at the wheels), and after about 10 runs over the the course of an hour, we ended on a safe 320BHP, which seems pretty decent to me. Torque had improved as well, but I can't remember the figures and I left the graphs in the car - I'll post them later. Gains are across the entire rev range, so it's not just peak-power / peak-torque that has improved, everything has increased from about 2500 rpm upwards. The drivability problems I had are also now fixed.

In summary, an interesting afternoon out and my car is now fun to drive again which was the aim of the exercise for me... Cheers Jez!

• Like 1