Bored at work- polish the zed! (Autoglym X glos Protect?)

rickya

A bit quiet at work today so took the zed down to the hand car wash jobbie. Back at work went over with "Autoglym High Resin Polish" looked good. Then went over alloys/exhaust with AF250 anti corrosion spray; did tyres & black bits with bumper black.

Popped into Halfords to look for some kind of wax/liquid that could help protect paintwork. After comming from JAE & a few mwmbers complimented on my paintwork :D (cos it sits in the garage & only done 11,000 miles!! :blush: ) I wanted to try something other than the expensive paintshield route. Ended up buying "Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection" liquid, which is a paintwork sealent & wet gloss. Has anyone tried this, obviously nowhere near anything like paintshield but does it have any benefits?

Yeah, got a full wad of Autoglym given some time ago. It seems pretty good and easy to use. Lucky to be able to shine and work. Ive been hanging over the back of the tug with a wire cup brush o a grinder, scaling off old paint, kinda makes polishing very appealing.

:sweat:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... inter+coat

Take a look mate.

It's a semi permanent coat that will help a little against stone chips. I always add some to mine before winter sets in properly. It means that keeping it looking like it's just come from a showroom is very easy, and Show Shine brings it back after a wash and dry.

You ideally need to keep it inside while it dries to prevent dust build up while it dries fully on the car. Any other questions, let me know. This was my old show car prepared with what you've used.... B)

440rearmodnats04plate.jpg

I'm with Stew - I use Blackfire Wet Diamond Shampoo & Conditioner, Blackfire Wet Diamond Gloss Enhancing Polish, Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and of course the Blackfire Wet Diamond Carnuaba Wax :thumbs:

:D

I have a selection of products being used just now. I still think I want to get a pressure washer with a foam lance though....

I wish I could polish my car at work.... saying that, I don't go to work everyday so nothing stopping me!

Cheers chaps, I will post pics here but maybe next time as its probably dirty now that iv driven home! (didnt have my camera at work). But it has definetley given the car a wet/gloss look deep shine which it never had before. In fact the sunset orange colour looks darker than before. I think Il stick with Autoglym for a while seeing as i have a few more of their products also.

ps H5 how did you get the Autoglym Protection liquid to go on in such a thick visible coat? I think I may have rubbed it into the bodywork a bit & wasnt as visible when left to dry.

Cheers chaps, I will post pics here but maybe next time as its probably dirty now that iv driven home! (didnt have my camera at work). But it has definetley given the car a wet/gloss look deep shine which it never had before. In fact the sunset orange colour looks darker than before. I think Il stick with Autoglym for a while seeing as i have a few more of their products also.

ps H5 how did you get the Autoglym Protection liquid to go on in such a thick visible coat? I think I may have rubbed it into the bodywork a bit & wasnt as visible when left to dry.

You don't rub it in mate, be careful with it!

You really lightly 'smooth' it on and let it dry for 30-60 mins, and it will dry into a film. This is when it hardens and seals the car, creating the protective coat. So use a clean cloth, apply to product to the cloth and very gently apply it in straight lines across all of the panels. In a few minutes it will start going hazy so you can see where you've been.

Plenty of people win concourse trophies with AG so you should expect a good finish! :):thumbs: