The original 350Z concept car

Zzzz...

Am pleased to see much of it was carried over.

For me, am pleased they added the little spoiler on UK cars.

It's also a shame the rear bumper, instrument binnacle and centre console didn't carry over. Looks B)

The centre console is nice!

They did a good job though, I think the shape is better on the production car. They lengthened overhangs and stuff and it just tightened it all together in my opinion.

The seats were nice in concept and the LED reflectors in front bumper would have been nice...

Front grill looks nicer on concept as well..

Glad they didn't keep the door handles though and the circle indent behind them. Looks wrong.....

that rear strut bar and guide rails on the concept are a bit too weird...

and it is refreshing to see Nissan keep to the concept nearly 100% on exterior, ..

as opposed to the latest model launched... :p

concept_2004_qashqai.jpg

and the result

nissan-qashqai-today-0.jpg

or

No wonder they have a reputation for being boring when they churn out fugly stuff like this.

Tell you what, it might be ugly but when I was at the Nissan dealerships, I sat in one and the quality of the interior materials was a cut above the 350z......

:blush:

Correct ! the whole vehicle was developed in europe, by european engineers, who know what is required in europe. It is actually a very good car... if I may say so myself... :blush:

B)

as opposed to a models primarily designed for US and JPN market... with some tuning for Europe...

Correct ! the whole vehicle was developed in europe, by european engineers, who know what is required in europe. It is actually a very good car... if I may say so myself... :blush:

B)

as opposed to a models primarily designed for US and JPN market... with some tuning for Europe...

Are you refering to the Qashqai or the 350? Just that the 350 was US designed.

Anyway, concepts are just expensive demos. Interiors are always made with the highest quality materials that would never make it to production. Most interiors on concepts are stupid looking or very high tech as an example of what they could do if it were cost effective. In terms of cabin design I'm more interested in how it flows together rather than material. For example all the dials are targeted at the driver. In an alpha even the stereo controls are angled toward the driver. I only get annoyed when designers use imitation wood or alloy. Now that looks cheap. Not that I would ever buy a car with wood trim in it.

Guy

correct! concepts are just technology and style showcases...

i was referring to the Qashqai being developed and engineered in Europe hence the better feel of materials...

US and JPN cannot design interior with a quality feel to save their lives...

shiny plastic or beige interior... :yuck: #

As for the 350Z#

I wish they kept that gold colour rather than the "ginger rust" :teeth:

the exhaust exits are very cool but i guess impractical

the seats

those alloys, even if the std ones look similar... and they should have developed the real car with 19" as std...

but i am glad they changed :

the rr strut

the boot floor

the front grille