Cobra res exhaust

Dean_1983

Hello all , I pick up my 350Z on Sunday and its fitted with a Cobra res exhaust ... wondering is anyone can let me know what this is like at cruising speeds on the motorway ?I have a 4 hour trip back home and I hope im not spending it regretting the purchase and if there is any harsh drone , and is there anything that can be done to fix this . I do want it to have a nice loud sound , just not annoying hope that makes sense

Hello all , I pick up my 350Z on Sunday and its fitted with a Cobra res exhaust ... wondering is anyone can let me know what this is like at cruising speeds on the motorway ?I have a 4 hour trip back home and I hope im not spending it regretting the purchase and if there is any harsh drone , and is there anything that can be done to fix this . I do want it to have a nice loud sound , just not annoying hope that makes sense

The cobra is one of the most common mods people do to a 350Z, it's a great sounding exhaust. It's a bonus having it on their already! B)

Edited by nowhereboy

That's reassuring guys , Exhaust has only been on the car for around 12 months and there is a clip of the actual car ive bought on youtube with cobra plates on it ... sounds amazing in the clip , I know its not a good comparison

• Like 1

hey jp606 .... no the car is located in Sheffield im in Glasgow so Sunday will be the first time I see the car in the flesh ... car ticks all the boxes so far spec , mileage and history so I paid a deposit for the seller to hold it till Sunday for me ... im happy to walk away and lose the deposit if the car isn't what im thinking it is on sunday .... at 6k its worth taking a chance most other cars around that price have 80k + in milage no GT .... Just hope its as the seller described

cobra res will be fine on the motorway... i've got one on mine, just driven leeds to coventry at cruise controlled 80mph, girlfriend happily nodding off in the passenger seat. Tres relaxing, the tyre noise is a lot more intrusive (but find some decent smooth tarmac and even thats whisper quiet!)

Didn't realize you'd not seen the car in the flesh!

If I was you I'd be asking for loads of well detailed pictures and as much info as possible before going down. What year is the car? If it's a low mile GT with good tyres and mods (cobra exhaust) 6 grand seems almost to good to be true?

Not trying to put you off, just being realistic. I hate traveling for miles to check out a car because if it's not up to scratch it can be hard to walk away when you are set on getting it.

Hopefully it's a minter and you've found youself a bargin!

Yeah mate the guy had the car up for more ... Been quite honest about the car emailed me loads of pictures even interior plastics ... If I'm honest the odd mark or stone chip won't faze me or put me off the car .. As long as the history of the car is right and it's as he described I will take it back to glasgow ... I sold my type r for 7k so I have around 1k to play with getting the zee up to standard

Just serviced including Dif , breaks and oils and filters .. Leather is in great condition very little wear .. Plastics are good to ..

If the car is as discribed my plans are to freshen up the interior .. Plan to send the stearing wheel away to get thickened and trimed in alcantara .. Along with some of the interior panels if I can't get them done alcantara I might look at getting them dipped Cf or wrapped .. Sourcing a set of rays or powder coating the standard black or carbon black , maybe spacers and springs

If the car needs anything to get it running right that will come first thou

Just can't wait to get down and see it in the metal and get it home all being well

I honestly don't mind traveling for the right car .. Looked at trains down today only 43 quid ðŸ‘

• Like 1

Sound pretty good, as long as it has a decent service history and drives straight then you'll be ok :) I'd like to think the owner is an enthusiast if he's upgraded the exhaust etc, I wonder if he is a member on here?

When talking to him he did mention a 350z forum that I should look at for help .. I know it's hard to tell on the phone and when dealing with a car sale but the guy seems genuine and honest about the car

Little things like him getting the diff serv and putting 4 brand new premium tyres on is a good sign ... The clutch and gear box is my only concern , if they are solid then I will be happy

To be honest, if the rest of the car is fine but the clutch is going, it gives you more room to get some money knocked off what sounds like a bargain already.

Have a read of the forum for common faults and give the car a good looking over. :)

Yeah I've been on the forum solid for the past week drooling and studying ... Type R is being picked up tomorrow so will be without a car from then :)

Thought I'd have been in love with the FN2 , but in all honestly I felt it was a bit of a let down .. Won't be sad to see it go , even thou it's the only car I've ever made money on

Yeah I've been on the forum solid for the past week drooling and studying ... Type R is being picked up tomorrow so will be without a car from then :)

Thought I'd have been in love with the FN2 , but in all honestly I felt it was a bit of a let down .. Won't be sad to see it go , even thou it's the only car I've ever made money on

I had an FN2 prior to my Zed too :) I loved mine but the Zed seems so much better, love mine and glad I changed. Any pics of your FN2?

Amazing news ... well I think so , got the rest of the week off work and im now traveling down to Sheffield by train tomorrow morning to pick up my new car ..... Only costing me £40 for the ticket , imo cheaper than paying for someones fuel up and down from Glasgow . So all going well I will have her tomorrow afternoon

• Like 1