Faulty Rear Parking Sensors

Pad-Rock

At a recent track day, I think I dislodged part of the cable for parking sensors. It appears that the exhaust may now have slightly melted the cables .... the end result is that the sensors always trigger as soon as I go into reverse, which is very annoying and loud!

I'll probably try and get this sorted at the next service in a few months time, but does anyone know of a way to disable the sensors / noise in the interim? I had thought that the fuse box may be a place to try looking, but couldn't see anything that relates to the parking sensors.

Any help or advice welcome!

Pop the bumper off and unplug them?

Thanks Ekona ... how easy is it to take off the bumper and then put it back again? Imagine that it may be tricky as I don't have any off street parking or a garage ...!

Thanks for the link .... looks like something I could screw up! Was hoping that there would just be an easily accessible fuse that I could simply disconnect. May just live with it until the next service & get some who knows what they are doing to sort it out for me!

At a recent track day, I think I dislodged part of the cable for parking sensors. It appears that the exhaust may now have slightly melted the cables .... the end result is that the sensors always trigger as soon as I go into reverse, which is very annoying and loud!

I'll probably try and get this sorted at the next service in a few months time, but does anyone know of a way to disable the sensors / noise in the interim? I had thought that the fuse box may be a place to try looking, but couldn't see anything that relates to the parking sensors.

Any help or advice welcome!

Not unusual for sensors to "trigger" when you engage reverse - what is different now for you?

With the sensors I had on the previous 350 - they are a dealer fit so they can vary up and down the country depending on which installer they have used, you could ease out the sensor from the bumper and by pulling the wire behind after a few inches there was a push/pull connector that linked to the wiring loom, which would mean you can stop the noise immediately. And just maybe there might be enough slack to do a wiring repair whilst pulled through the sensor holes nearest the exhaust?

Just a thought...