New T2 Brakes Discs

rothers2901

Can anyone advise on the following comment posted on http://www.350z-uk.c...81-kraziekatz1/ about beding in proceedure.

I'm fitting new ones tomorrow and not read this before.

(Example) multiple stops at various speeds at various pressures?

5x 50-30 light pressure

2 min run at speed, no braking

5x 70-40 med pressure

2 min run again

5x 100-50 hard as you can but no ABS

Thanks.

Edited by rothers2901

Not heard of that procedure before. Ive always followed the instructions that ive seen recommended by most pad manufacturers.

Somewhere between 200 and 300 mile with as gentle braking as possible, then begin bedding.

5 stops from 70-10 as hard as possible without engaging ABS done in as short a distance as possible to build heat up

Drive for 30 mins without using brakes as much as possible to allow them to cool (if you stop, don't hold the pads onto the disks)

Another 5 stops from 70-10 as hard as possible without engaging ABS done in as short a distance as possible to build heat up

Drive again for 30 mins without using brakes as much as possible to allow them to cool.

Its always served me well through several sets of pads. If doing disks at the same time I tend to increase that initial mileage to 300-400.

My thoughts on the process you posted is that its generally unnecessary. Why bother with the light pressure stops? the first few hundred miles will be full of stops like that and its only purpose is to wear down the pads surface so that the surface of the pad matches to the surface of the disk, the bedding procedure transfers pad material to the disk. Totally different things.

Edited by cs2000