My Long Weekend

SiriusProjects

What a weekend I had.

I booked last Friday off and drove up to Horsham Developments and had the Uprev mod applied to my zed (Thanks Jez). Gained nearly 15hp and certainly noticed the difference driving back home afterwards. I was especially pleased with the improved throttle response at the lower end and overall the car was running smoother.

However, prior to having the Uprev done I had been experiencing an engine hesitation issue and lack of power and it had been suggested in a previous post of mine that it may be the MAF Sensor, so I bought a replacement (Thanks R35LEE). Although the Uprev had improved things greatly, I still felt like the engine was a bit lumpy and under performing. I received the new MAF Sensor on Saturday but didn't have time to install it then, so had to wait until Sunday. With fingers crossed I removed the old sensor and installed the new one. Was quite chuffed with myself as my previous attempts at DIY on my zed hadn't gone well, but it took me just 10 minutes without any problems at all. Then the big test, I took my zed out for a drive.

Eureka! No more engine hesitation and it felt so much smoother and responsive. :)

Needless to say I am one happy chappy now.

Over the last few months I have had a few mods applied to my zed and apologies for not posting regular updates on these. However, watch this space as I am compiling pictures, etc and will be posting a link to my very own website soon where you will be able to view my zed and the new mods.

• Like 3

The thing is Fodder, it was all down to timing. I didn't really want to cancel the remap last friday and the sensor didn't arrive until Saturday anyway. It's running beautifully now but i'm sure it will get remapped again soon.

Yeah I realised the timing thing. Just a shame it didn't turn up in time for you to take it with you.

Glad she's running well again :thumbs: