GTR front bumper and rear spoiler project(s)...

grahamc

hmmmm, have a fiesta, but no ;) plan is for the spare to go onto the GTR. Been looking for something similar to the Nismo GT3 bumper, but cannot find anything - if I could find it, I would rather buy it.... something like this (this is wide-bodied, I want something similar for the standard body and separate ducts for front brake cooling):-

nissan-gtr-r35-nismo-gt3.jpg

Edited by grahamc

have updated the the subject, as I also have a rear spoiler project that is underway :) I have the rear mount made and its attached to the rear chassis and crash bar (very solid) and all hidden behind the number plate :) Looking for a custom rear spoiler as well.... will need to have the struts/arms and the blade made/customized (something like this):-

ben%20sopra%20rear%20wing%20gtr%20dsg%20performance%202.jpg

Edited by grahamc

For the front, the OEM track pack R35 front bumper works a treat and it has carbon brake cooling ducts built in, however you will require air deflectors to direct the air to the calipers and rotors.

This is what I run, and on track it has reduced my front brake temperatures by 105 degress C and the rear kit works reasonably well also with a reduction of 44 degrees C.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX

For the front, the OEM track pack R35 front bumper works a treat and it has carbon brake cooling ducts built in, however you will require air delectors to direct the air to the calipers and rotors.

This is what I run, and on track it has reduced my front brake temperatures by 105 degress C and the rear kit works reasonably well also with a reduction of 44 degrees C.

Have other plans for the actual caliper cooling, but want to see if I can get the front bumper looking right before I go down that route. Also want something more aggressive on the front to match the rear spoiler I am planning.

Last I heard, the track pack ducts were not actually ducted to the calipers.......

For the front, the OEM track pack R35 front bumper works a treat and it has carbon brake cooling ducts built in, however you will require air delectors to direct the air to the calipers and rotors.

Have other plans for the actual caliper cooling, but want to see if I can get the front bumper looking right before I go down that route. Also want something more aggressive on the front to match the rear spoiler I am planning.

Last I heard, the track pack ducts were not actually ducted to the calipers.......

You heard wrong as they work very well.

You heard wrong as they work very well.

Not from everything I have read.... Yes there is holes for ducting, but theres no piping to calipers..... If it is ducted, then I am wrong (but not seen anything to show otherwise), but still not quite what I want and my plans are different anyway.

Edited by grahamc

The ducting and deflectors on the R35 track pack direct the cold air directly onto the front and rear calipers and rotors hence the reduction of 105 degrees C on front and 44 degrees C on rear whilst on track. :teeth:

Informed and actual personal experiences carries much more weight than what you read and hear on forums and magazines. ;)

Good luck with what ever plans you have as there are numerous successful ways to duct the brakes on the 35.

The ducting and deflectors on the R35 track pack direct the cold air directly onto the front and rear calipers and rotors hence the reduction of 105 degrees C on front and 44 degrees C on rear whilst on track. :teeth:

Informed and actual personal experiences carries much more weight than what you read and hear on forums and magazines. ;)

Good luck with what ever plans you have as there are numerous successful ways to duct the brakes on the 35.

The place I have seen 100c drop in temps, is info that Nissan has released (no data, just "info")... I have not seen the track pack ducting behind the bumper, but I have yet to see any hard evidence. Hence why I am going custom.

But wouldnt mind seeing the ducting and deflectors thats on the track pack - always good for ideas :D

Keep in mind that the new bumper is additional ducting for the brakes, but also for more front-end down force and a more aggressive (and very different) look to the car.

Edited by grahamc