Central locking problem help lol

Kerry

Hi guys a few days ago my central locking started playing up. I'd press the button on the key fob to unlock the car and It wouldn't work then after a few more presses it would, now it won't work at all. I've tried a different battery in the key but no luck.

I've been getting into the car using the key in the door barrel but every time the alarm goes off when I open the door and it's driving me mad.

Anyone have any ideas? I read something on here about a guide to help you reprogram your key but I have no idea if that would help this problem. Hoping someone has the answer.

I know this is going to sound silly, and there is probably a reason why you didn't say, but.....have you got a spare key? - I don't even know why I'm asking :lol:

But as Gixxer says ^^ :)

Yea I've got a spare but there's a separate problem with that one too lol I'm going to try reprogramming both and hopefully I'll end up with two working keys

On a related note when I bought my zed the dealer only gave 1 key and the locker storage key. Now I'm amazed 4 years later I haven't lost it but the sensible side of me says I should get another made. Can anyone recommend where I can get one from and how much I should expect to pay?