Rear oil leak

garak112

After looking at the workshop manual it doesn't look too difficult to get the diff out. Do the subframe and exhaust need to come out as well?

How hard is it to get the old bushes out, do they need a press? Any difficulties getting the new ones in?

• 4 months later...

I have bought the bushes and had them delivered today but am a bit confused by them - the steel tube inserts are tight when in the thinner half of the bush but loose when in the thicker half (the hole is bigger). Is it supposed to be like this as it looks like it would cause the whole thing to move around?

I have fitted and sold many of the diff bushing kits and had no issues.

I am assuming that you are referring to the front bushings and not the bushing that has failed.

You have not said what brand of bushing kit you purchased or who supplied it, so if you provide that info then I can advise further.

However may also be a plan to direct this question directly to your supplier.

Alex. :)

Prior to Whiteline changing the colour of the bushings to black from yellow I have not known of such issues as the sleeve was always a tight fit in both the bushings.

Go back to your supplier and talk with them and give them the opportunity to sort it for you, as something does not appear to be right.

Alex. :)

I have had my replacements delivered today (prechecked before sent out) and they fit the tubes properly. I took a couple of shots where you can see the difference:

WP_20140905_20_09_40_Pro.jpg

Correct one on the left

WP_20140905_20_10_02_Pro.jpg

The correct one can be seen through the hole in the incorrect one. Both bushes are stamped 67415 but the ones with the big hole are also stamped Z1. Looks like they may have been drinking the day they put these in the bag at the factory!

I am just grateful that the replacements arrived so quickly.

Edited by garak112