spotted any quirky things about your Z?

nixy

It looks like the bose surround is just bolted on... I wonder...

Still is worth thinking about as it is a lot of wasted space...

Oh you can remove the BOSE surround very easily, yes it is just bolted on with around 8 bolts. The easiest way to use the space (sans BOSE sub) is to remove that surround. The area behind there is very spacious, see:

IMG_6205_thumb.jpg

Just to show how much space is wasted. You can see in the middle of the BOSE hole is a bracket. This is the same on both sides and its what the gloebox bolts to. This is only about 2/3 of the way back in the space. Gives you an idea of how much is wasted, if the depth of the glove box is only about half the space available!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I've been out to give the car a good clean this morning and found the sunglasses holder (my sunglasses are too big for it), the document holder under the mat in the glove box and i've popped the door off behind the driver's seat and put my waterproof coat in there which was in my boot before! I pushed it back on but just left the top corner slightly off so I can get it off easy next time with my finger nail. It's still secure and not rattling. Glad I posted this thread now!

well I've been out to give the car a good clean this morning and found the sunglasses holder (my sunglasses are too big for it),

Nixy, is this you?

big_glasses.jpg

Pay no attention to the bad man, Nixy. My sunglasses won't fit in the holder either - it's too narrow for modern glasses!

well I've been out to give the car a good clean this morning and found the sunglasses holder (my sunglasses are too big for it),

Nixy, is this you?

big_glasses.jpg

Pay no attention to the bad man, Nixy. My sunglasses won't fit in the holder either - it's too narrow for modern glasses!

My Oakleys fit perfect, I was supprised to find it was lined too, no scratching them or rattling :thumbs:

Too all you who reported water coming out of the rear windscreen washer under hard acceleration.

Had this on mine from day one ( September 2004 car ) and took it into dealer to fix - first one failed completely but Spartshatts in Botley simply replaced the non return valve that is just under the plastic cover at the top of the rear window and the problem was fixed.... given a number of you have the problem sounds like a faulty batch of return valves maybe.

Too all you who reported water coming out of the rear windscreen washer under hard acceleration.

Had this on mine from day one ( September 2004 car ) and took it into dealer to fix - first one failed completely but Spartshatts in Botley simply replaced the non return valve that is just under the plastic cover at the top of the rear window and the problem was fixed.... given a number of you have the problem sounds like a faulty batch of return valves maybe.

And here was me thinking my car simply didnt get excited enough to do it :lol:

• 1 year later...

A few things ive noticed whie driving my Zed,

The heated seat switches are placed conviently, so when i drive with my hand on the gear lever i keep accidently swiching them on with my elbow!

And a squeeky seatbealt tensioner right in my ear! Needs some WD40!!