Rim Wax applicators

SJ350z

Just picked up some Rimwax for my alloys :)

Wondering whats acceptable to use to apply the wax. I have a microfibre cloth to take it off/run it in with. Just dont have a genuine applicator

Tips/ Advice weclome

I get the wheels off the car to do the backs. When I do the face of the wheel, I apply with my index finger, before buffing with a microfibre. By using my index finger, I can get into all the nooks and fa.. sorry, crannies. If you are not comfortable with using your bare hands, then you can get finger mitt applicators from most online detailing stores.

For what it's worth, I also use Finish Kares FK1000p High Temp sealant. It is awesome stuff and protects the wheels for months and months.

HTH :thumbs:

• Like 2

No worries :thumbs:

Once the wheels are prepared (fully cleaned and spotless) I apply a coat of FK1000p by hand. Leave for 20 minutes, then buff off to a nice shine. If time is on my side, I will add a further coat and buff again.

I don't need to bother with individually waxing them after that. A quick blast with the jet wash and a bucket of shampoo will get them immaculate again. The brake dust comes off very easily after applying the FK1000p.

The FK1000p is incredible value for money as well. You get a massive 412g tin for around £18. It'll last you years !

I'd also suggest if you use te finger method, to wear latex gloves.

I think I remember reading that having FKP1000 touching your skin can cause a strong irritant reaction (and I don't mean swearing)

I've been using it for 5 years or so and not had any skin irritation from it but fair do's if you are concerned - good advice, use a latex glove.