A splash of carbon....

Chris`I

Some new goodies added to the Zed to spice it up a little. Some from Delsa in the US and some from an eBay chap in Oz.

*Click pics for full size images*

B pillar covers (Sinbad :thumbs: (I guess from Delsa as they are very simlar to my other CF from them))

th_IMG_6227.jpg

Wing mirror post covers, Side badge inserts (Delsa)

th_IMG_6226.jpg th_IMG_6225.jpg

Gauge inserts, Door barrel inserts, Front and rear badge inserts (chap in Oz)

th_IMG_6269.jpg th_IMG_6220.jpg th_IMG_6282.jpg th_IMG_6283.jpg th_IMG_6278.jpg

Very happy with all that stuff. The quality of the carbon is good, bit better from Delsa I would say, but the chap in Oz is pretty cheap. It all fits well, with exception of the far left He did me a deal to do him some photos of the stuff and in return I got a very good discount on the stuff (pretty much just paid the postage). If anyone would like his stuff he trades on ebay as 350z_silver. Tell him I sent ya :thumbs:

Not too sure about the front and rear badge inserts, what do you guys think? Obviously the pics are of test fits, so dont be put off by them not fitting properly. I think they look pretty good, but not sure if they are a step too far?

Awaiting your comments :teeth:

I think it looks fab as I have everything you just bough on my car too so has limiter and think it was one of the best purchases we bought.
So far :thumbs:

Chris - they do look awesome mate, i love small mods like that.

Cheers for the feedback guys. What do you think to the front and rear badge inserts in particular? I'm not convinced on them yet, problem being once they are on they will be a sod to get off.

Do the inserts simply stick on ( :thumbs: ) or do you have to cut them to shape ( :scare: )

They are all pre cut to fit (ie no cutting required) and all mine were spot on except from the left gauge insert. I am talking to the eBayer about the fit, and I guess he will ammend his template accordingly. Not all the pieces are stick on either, the gauge inserts and also the badge inserts simply push into place and are held in by tension. The door barrels are stuck in. For the price they are good pieces. I would mail the seller and haggle on price though and see if you can get a discount :teeth:

I like the badges - still a nice subtle mod. :thumbs: I especially like the side Z badge - is that a complete badge or sticker/tension held?

I've contacted the ebayer to find out if he does the interior door switch plate as that is scratched to death on mine.

I especially like the side Z badge - is that a complete badge or sticker/tension held?

The side badges are stick on over the original numbers. Its literally a circle of carbon with the z removed and backed in 3M tape. They are however from Delsa Motorsport (eBay US) and not the chap in Oz. Delsa do a lot of carbon for the Zed, but recently there have been people complaining on the my350z forums so I'd be cautious ordering any larger pieces.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you need to do anything to it such as a top coat of something to finish it off?

I think he will. I have a piece that I bought from eBay to do my side bumper reflectors when I realised that they were a sod to do. However when it arrived it was lacking a top coat to make it nice and smooth so just fitted my black bumper reflectors rather than use the CF.

So I now have a sheet which I may use to do bits inside the car if I can be arsed to top coat it :)

Do you need to do anything to it such as a top coat of something to finish it off?

I think he will. I have a piece that I bought from eBay to do my side bumper reflectors when I realised that they were a sod to do. However when it arrived it was lacking a top coat to make it nice and smooth so just fitted my black bumper reflectors rather than use the CF.

So I now have a sheet which I may use to do bits inside the car if I can be arsed to top coat it :)

Dude he is a she lol

But yeah i think it would be a pig to do, hence as much ready done stuff for me for the future the better. :thumbs:

Dude he is a she lol

But yeah i think it would be a pig to do, hence as much ready done stuff for me for the future the better. :thumbs:

My apologies for the typo, I've been attacking an old table with a sander today and my fingers havent quite gotten their feeling back yet :blush:

Dude he is a she lol

My apologies for the typo, I've been attacking an old table with a sander today and my fingers havent quite gotten their feeling back yet :blush:

No @*!#! And I was thinking what a lumpy chest that bloke in the avatar has.... :p

LOL... Y'all are too much!

Yes -- first you prep the surface, then you put down some resin in the area of the part to be overlaid, press the CF into the resin (make sure it's smooth with no bumps or wrinkles), then another layer of resin (making sure the CF is thoroughly impregnated with resin), then spray topcoat of high-gloss gel coat.

It's not all that difficult. Start with small, easy pieces to get the hang of it.

This site has a good bit of info... http://fiberglast.com