Tokyo

djb55

I love the thought of it and make no secret of how much I want to go but it just gets the usual scrunched up nose and the "it doesn't appeal to me at all" response.

Mind you she said the same about USA many moons ago and we went on a road trip on the West Coast for our honeymoon last year and we're off to Miami and the Keys this year.

Just need to get that first Japan trip out of the way.....

• Like 1

I love the thought of it and make no secret of how much I want to go but it just gets the usual scrunched up nose and the "it doesn't appeal to me at all" response.

Mind you she said the same about USA many moons ago and we went on a road trip on the West Coast for our honeymoon last year and we're off to Miami and the Keys this year.

Just go without her, bet she will then decide rapidly to join you..!! ;)

img_3281-scaled1000.jpg?w=500&h=667

Theres an app by the Tokyo metro peeps, put in your starting stn and your destination stn and it tells you what train u need etc etc Although I have my own personal guide ;)zyha9u9u.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes there is this one.

Or you can do it this way..!

aqasyta3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I-I'll level with you Jed.........I'm really scared!

Sorry for the Alan Partridge quotes but that went through my head when I glanced at that map.

Ha! Brilliant crack! What's it like for car hire over there?

No prob need an International licence, best to book from UK before you leave

and they drive on the correct side of the road as well, Bit hot on parking and

speeding . :thumbs:

Yeah I thought as much, I always like to get a car wherever I go, even if it's just for a few days to go and explore beyond the city limits.

• Like 1

Yeah I thought as much, I always like to get a car wherever I go, even if it's just for a few days to go and explore beyond the city limits.

If your staying in a hotel, get the hotel to book it for you, they will deliver and pick it up from there. :thumbs:

• Like 1

might be speculation from video games internet storys etc but can you get on the C1? is there any 'Street Racer' cars on it at night or anythign or am i dreaming haha

if you mean the ol'Wangan Racers they're long gone after one of them had an accident on rainbow road at 180+ with a taxi. This is what the wife tells me as she worked in Tokyo for 11 years. I do believe the NSX boys still play "it" on roads around Tokyo. not sure quite how that works in a car but looks fun. Edited by Rock_Steady

u8epu5yp.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A yes..! .My old mate Hachiko in Shibuya.. :thumbs:

The faithful dog! Loving this thread, like the photos, brings back so many good memories! Loved my time living in Tokyo :teeth:

Oh and I think I might be wrong on this but I am sure that is not the original Hachiko dog monument, didnt they smelt down the original one to make bullets during WW2?

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1