Fuel all over the floor problem!!! HELP NEEDED

Jared350z

Hello fellow zed lovers.

I recently put a new xtd clutch and flywheel on my zed. Once it was all done the car wouldn't start which I later found out was the crank angle sensor was knackered (ordered a new one from nissan) but it would start if I unplugged it. I took it to garage D and they ran the diagnostic on it and confirmed it was the sensor. So I drove it home and parked it up.

When I went to start it this morning it wasn't firing up, it was trying to but then I started to smell fuel. I got out the car and looked underneath and there it was a nice puddle of fuel. I saw it dripping from the passenger side of the engine. I'm hoping maybe its just a split pipe.

Could anyone give any advise or knowledge of fuel routes so I can locate the problem please.

Thank you

As Lexx has said try and find the manual on here, I'm sure its a sticky somewhere.

Regarding the fuel lines, I'm pretty sure there is no fuel lines on the passenger side of the car. There is of course, the fuel rail on the passenger side of the engine located under your plenum, above where the spark pugs are.

There is the hard pipe that supplies that rail which runs across the back of the engine at the top. Its a gold colour hard pipe. It also has a fuel dampener bolted to the rear end of it. This does have a little o-ring in it , so could be that, but I've never heard of one just springing a leak.

I would check the fuel line that runs along the drives side from front to rear.

There is a connection from hard pipe to flexible just where it goes up into the engine approx just behind the front wheel. This is the most likely place.

Also check the pipe where it connects to the fuel rail on the drivers side of the engine near the bulkhead. it goes from flexi to gold hard pipe, again with a fuel dampener fitted there.

If it is the fuel rail you are going to need to take the plenum off for easiest access. I'm not sure if you can do it with the plenum in place. There is a great guide on getting the plenum off on the motordyne website. It's the instructions for fitting a plenum spacer but it's very handy

I found the problem, A fuel line on the left side on the inlet plenum just under the breather pipe had come off, Really lucky it didn't come off whilst the engine was hot as it sit right about the manifolds. Think it would have caught on fire if it had.

The Zed gods were looking down on me.