Double Din Head Unit Spacer

Zedrush

Hi mate I got the double din screen fitted no probs the place that fitted it have a universal surround plastic same colour as the dash they cut it and fit the screen behind it and it looks flush... very B)

I have the unit for a single headunit if anyone wants it as done need it

quote]i meant the standard nissan headunit and the bose headunit. Arnt they the exact same size and everything?

Nope - The standard headunit is slightly smaller and made by Clarion. It's used in the X-trail too. However, in the US, their standard headunit is the same size as the Bose!

The Bose unit is also made by Clarion!

Guys, if I have the Bose in my MY07 GT, is the surround exactly double DIN or do I need something else to make a double DIN HU fit? I'm looking at getting a Pioneer AVIC-HD3BT and need to know if I need a fascia fitting kit.

Had the exact same problem dude read the thread lol ;)

Basically the new unit will screw in fine, with the space provided from the original Bose unit.

You will need to get a hardness adapter so that the new headunit will speak through all the original Bose speakers. Dont ask why no one does it in the uk you have to get from the states. Pm Adam@z1auto he has good ones :thumbs:

As soon as you got the adapter which will be about 15 quid you will be well away, you may need an arial adapter as well but that depends on your headunit, most already have it on. If not you can get from Halfords

Then once the unit is screwed in where the original unit was, you then get a plastic surround to make it look flush. The plastic surround can be purchased at any Car Audio shop as they are universal, cost about £3 and you cust to fit. See pics of my one explains it better :thumbs:

kenwood.jpg

Picture doesnt do it justice as camera photo will always show flicker lines in the screen when there is not :dry:

Then get Carbon cover for the icing on the cake ;)