Double Din Head Unit Spacer

Zedrush

Hi guys as most know about 2 weeks ago I got my kenwood double din head unit, just waiting for the harness to come. :yahoo:

Just wondering is there such a thing for a double din surround for the 350z available or do we just have to but the single din and modify it ourselves? Or do we need one at all?

You should be able to get one from your main stealer, as non GT-spec UK cars have it fitted to accomodate the standard headunit!
isnt the standard headunit the same size? :wacko:

Nope its a funny angled rectangle size. Went to Nissan they just looked at me with blank faces, so went to local audio garage and they fixed something up for me :thumbs:

You should be able to get one from your main stealer, as non GT-spec UK cars have it fitted to accomodate the standard headunit!
isnt the standard headunit the same size? :wacko:

Nope its a funny angled rectangle size. Went to Nissan they just looked at me with blank faces, so went to local audio garage and they fixed something up for me :thumbs:

i meant the standard nissan headunit and the bose headunit. Arnt they the exact same size and everything?

quote]i meant the standard nissan headunit and the bose headunit. Arnt they the exact same size and everything?

Nope - The standard headunit is slightly smaller and made by Clarion. It's used in the X-trail too. However, in the US, their standard headunit is the same size as the Bose!

quote]i meant the standard nissan headunit and the bose headunit. Arnt they the exact same size and everything?

Nope - The standard headunit is slightly smaller and made by Clarion. It's used in the X-trail too. However, in the US, their standard headunit is the same size as the Bose!I never knew that, you think they would have made them look different though wouldnt you?

I never knew that, you think they would have made them look different though wouldnt you?

They do in a way. The standard headunit doesn't follow the contours of the facia like the Bose one does. That's why I had a standard US spec unit to replace the single din jap spec headunit. It looked just like the Bose but without the cassette slot, which was replaced with little squares like you see on the Rays spokes!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Did this work out for you??

Have just traded in my 2005 coupe for a fab 2007 roadster

In the coupe I replaced the bose double din unit with the Alpine IVA W200Ri screen for sat nav, digi tv etc.

When trying to put this unit into the roadster the facia surround no longer fits due to its rounded edges compared to the previously squared off edges

I am told that the 2006 facia is the same as the 2007 facia but all anyone seems to have is the 2003-05 surround

Just wondered on the off chance if anyone had had the same problem & could point me in the right direction?

Heres hoping!

David