Tyre sizes for 19" LMGT4 rears?

:RedZed:

I don't really know much about tyre sizes so please forgive my ignorance. Before I drop a load of cash on tyres, what sizes are 'correct' for the 19" LMGT4 rear wheels? Currently fitted with 275/35/19 tyres. I can really feel all the bumps in the road would there be any benefit to getting a 40 profile tyre? Do they exist? Would it look terrible?

Your current tyres are the correct size for a 350z - I have exactly the same wheels/tyres. It's possible to get 40's - in fact, it's what the stock rears on the 370z have. I just run my 350z LMGT4's on my 370z and they are fine (I think they handle better than the stock wheels).

Personlly I'd just accept the bumps in the road - spending shitloads of cash on new tyres won't make any difference.

Edited by chubbster

Your current tyres are the correct size for a 350z - I have exactly the same wheels/tyres. It's possible to get 40's - in fact, it's what the stock rears on the 370z have. I just run my 350z LMGT4's on my 370z and they are fine (I think they handle better than the stock wheels).

Personlly I'd just accept the bumps in the road - spending shitloads of cash on new tyres won't make any difference.

I thought the 70 only has 40 on the front? Well mine does! :wacko:

how about, sell the LMGT4s on here for a shedload of cash, and buy some 18" rays? then you can run nice sensible 45 profile tyres :)

This has crossed my mind but I love them too much :)

Thanks for all the useful advice, I'll stick with the correct size. Currently I have FK453's fitted by the previous owner, same on the front, I'll likely get the same again I've had no problems with them.

I thought the 70 only has 40 on the front? Well mine does! :wacko:

ooops - you may well be right.

how about, sell the LMGT4s on here for a shedload of cash, and buy some 18" rays? then you can run nice sensible 45 profile tyres :)

Thanks for all the useful advice, I'll stick with the correct size. Currently I have FK453's fitted by the previous owner, same on the front, I'll likely get the same again I've had no problems with them.

I like Falkens too.

Edited by chubbster

Haha yup this is true, 19" LMGT4s are the only wheel I would consider swapping my 18" rays for!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump up this thread but I have a question.

I too am running LMGT4's on my 350z and these are the tyre sizes:

Front - 235/35/19

Rear - 255/35/19

Is this okay or should the sizes be different?

Edited by Jimmy