Replacement battery needed?

pcw1982

Hello all,

I've never had a problem before but I've started using the Z to commute my 8ish miles (about 2 months now) to work each day and I'm now finding that its really struggling to start up, worried I'm going to get stuck at work :scare:

I've charged the battery a couple of times in the last few weeks so I thought it should be ok.

Its a 2005 roadster and lives outside which I guess doesn't help, as far as I'm aware its on the original battery.

Is a new battery the answer or is doing so many short journeys going to drain a new one anyway?

If so any idea on cost and is it easy to replace the battery, common sense says it should be straight forward enough.

Thanks

Peter

A GOOD battery will be twice that ;)

Ocasionally this is the case with dealers. With my old Celica, the cheapest battery from Halfords was £79, yet the dealer would sell you one of those calcium super batteries for somewhere around £50.

Hi Aidan, thanks for this.

Just spoken to my Nissan garage, they have replacement battery for £59 and will fit for £10. I thought the battery would be twice that?

Nissan ones are not bad. but I always fit a heavy duty Bosch and never had a problem. :thumbs: