High pitched noise coming from within the cabin when engines on

gstraw

Hi all

Does anyone else notice a very annoying high pitch tone when the car is on? I've tried to locate it but i can't. It seems to come in from my left ear so I thought it was the navigation system but I've turned that screen off. Or I thought it was the fuel pump but this tone is like a dog whistle type tone!

Anyways please advise if anyone else has experienced this. I for jay to sit in my car and he also noticed it lol

Could be transmission whine; I test drove one that seemed to suffer from it before I bought mine, and I'm sure I read about it in a couple of reviews of the car.

Does the tone change with engine speed, or if you dip the clutch?

Edited by alroma

If I get a whine when the engine is running I normally stop the car, turn to my left hand side and say "if all your going to do is whine, I suggest you get out and walk"

Works every time, suggest you try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Lol

I've checked the American forums and apparently it's the ecu. The yanks get a 8 year warranty on the ecu so people have been getting them replaced. Apparently it's a technical service bulletin too but since not everyone can hear this frequency it's not a recall.

How long is the warranty on our uk cars? I know standard is 3 years but if they have 8 years or 60k for ecu across the pond surely we must too?