Supercharger or Turbo

jonny jones

Just wonting your guys opinion on whot you thinks better for a fast street/odd track day tune for my 370z nismo! And would you on new car becouse of warranty!

The Greedy Tuner Turbo Kit looks good! twin turbo and good for 535bhp at just 6.4 psi

thanks

For me it's like this as it's down to what you want to use it for.

Drag strip/quarter miler/hill climb = turbo

Track day/fast road = supercharger

From what I've read up on as well the supercharger is the safer option for the Zed with lower engine temperatures and less overall stress on components especially for a daily driver. ;)

Thats good as really dont wont to be dipping into pocket every few weeks becouse things going bang! Would it be easy to take supercharger off again and put normal stuff back on when wonting to sell car on!! as thinking people would wont nismo standerd

"Easy" for some is mega hard for others, ...but sure you can take it all off and return to standard easily enough.

The only thing is it will need remapping to suit the charger so it will need remapping again to return it to standard should you wish to sell it but still not hard.

Not sure on the full spec of the 370z Nismo though as I'm rocking around in an older 350Z but you will have to do some supporting mods for the charger. E:g for my car I'd need better fuel injectors, higher flow fuel pump etc so you may need similar for yours depending on what it's got as standard.

• 2 months later...

Ah the age old super versus turbo for charged induction.

Superchargers work pretty much from idle so no lag, yet often peak bhp can be very close to redline, like my Cooper S Works.

Turbo engines often have nothing...bang...nothing, but deliver bigger bhp outputs and rev lower as they work on 'free' exhaust gas, a supercharger needs to be driven. That saps power.

Me? I'd go for a modern twin turbo set up. Many have much less lag nowadays. Sensible amounts of boost, decent intercooler.