Brake Pads

N9JAH

Hi all

I know this sort question as been asked a hundred times but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Its 3 questions

1. What are the stock pads and discs, I presumed they are Brembo but looking a other topic this ay be incorrect.

2. Local garage have said they will fit any pads I want but stock Apex. Apex good enough?

3. Suggestions of what pads I should use.

The car is used as a daily driver an the occasionally spirited drive. The car is a 2011 370Z GT no modifications.

Thanks for the help

The 370Z unlike the 350Z runs Akebono brakes so the discs and pads are not Brembo sourced and hence cheaper from Nissan.

Not heard of Apex before are they just an OEM alternative?

We have sold a few sets of Hawk Performance Ceramic fast road pads to 370Z owners who had issues with noise with the standard setup. They are £123 for the front pads and £93 for the rear.

Drop me a PM if I can help

Edited by Clark Motorsport

I have no issue with my current brake set-up. The braking performance is great but have noticed a performance dip in the last month. When I stop currently the car jerks as the pads stick rather then slowing to a halt.

Do any trader on here stock the Akebono pads?

I had Hawk Performance HPS pads http://www.hawkperfo...ormance/hps.php. (from Ewen at Clark Motorsport) fitted to my Z after having terrible squeal problems with the OE Akebonos (see relevant thread on the forum).

Really pleased with them; no squeal and very nice feel at the pedal.

These pads are non ceramic (ferro-carbon) and won't wear as well as ceramic pads, but I can live with that!

Edited by Johnny A
  • Like 1