Apparently I have front-parking sensors...

hype

So I went for a drive this weekend and all of a sudden a beep starts emitting from somewhere in the dash - totally freaked me out but there were no warning lights, and it kind of came and went so I thought nothing else of it.

Went out again later in the day and it's doing it again, and going a bit nuts this time - so I decide to thoroughly investigate. Turns out I must have front parking sensors, and it's fair to say they're malfunctioning.

Just to the left of the hole where you'd put the key fob is a small square push button, it sits in either an on or off position. I must have knocked it with my knee when I went out for that first drive.

I'm not particularly bothered about using them, never really had any issues parking cars if truth be told, but I would like to fix them. There's no exterior clues at all (same for the rears). Does anyone else have a similar system fitted and have any ideas where to look (I know the front bumper is a good place to start)?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oops, this was meant to be in 370z General - sorry mods. Not woken up yet.

Edited by hype

I'll check the connections tonight when I get in. There are no senors on show on the bumper, certainly not the usually flush, round type. I wondered if there were behind-the-bumper type installations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...